Help

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
scouselah
Novice
Novice

Help

Post by scouselah »

Hi Guys,
I am seriously looking to buy a bar and house in HH, in partnership with my brother and we are hoping to come over for a visit within the next 6 to 8 weeks. When I finally arrive I hope to bring my Pooch (3y.o. GSD bitch) and I am wondering what the requirements are for getting her into the country. Also what are the Vet's like and where are they situated. Any information or advice you can offer me would be appreciated.

Cheers

Scouselah (a.k.a Henry) :thumb:
martyh01
Novice
Novice

In Reply

Post by martyh01 »

Apart from being mad to even consider buying a bar the answer is there are two good vets in Hua Hin but have a thought to what development are coming with regards to the bars that are here now!!!

All the best
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

I've had a bar in HH (6.5 yrs ago) and helped the g/f with another.
As the last poster said, don't expect it to be manna from heaven. In "the good old days", all you had to do was open late, get some pretty faces in, have a pool table and play decent music. In high season, it was easy to take 20-25,000 a night.
Not so now. the type of visitor is generally not a piss-head and there are just too many bars for the customer base.
That's not to say you won't succeed, but you'll have to work really hard at it and it would be best to view the venture as more of a hobby, than to make your millions. If you've got any form of income in the UK - ie rental or pension, that will obviously help. As long as the bar gives you a roof over your head, beer, cigarettes and food, plus it pays for the annual rent, you'll be OK. If not, then you're in trouble.
I know nothing about vets, other than the ex took her dog for its final rabies jab, and the vet gave it the wrong medicine. It died. I'm sure there are decent ones, though.