Ranong visa run

Hook up with friends, arrange meetings, outings and visa trips here.
yoyo
Novice
Novice

Ranong visa run

Post by yoyo »

I need to do a visa run around the beginning of December, any visa run services out there or anyone needing to go around the same time wishing to share taxi expenses ? Yoyo
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

I may need to do a run 28th November. Not 100% sure yet as I've heard I may be able to get an extension. I will keep you posted.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
yoyo
Novice
Novice

vias border run

Post by yoyo »

Hi, I'm off on a visa run on Monday Dec 7, over night in Chumpon . Then mini bus to Ranong . Rather than hire a boat from the pier etc etc does any one know how I can get to the Andaman club from Ranong town and how far is it ? Motorbike taxi ?
Thanks, Yoyo.
sandman67
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sandman67 »

its a long haul out of the town mate.... Id just get a driver to shimmy me down and back in one go and save the Chumphon overnight stay and minibus hell

alternatively bung the driver some cash and ask hm to drop you off (and pick you up as there is nothing else near the Andaman Pier.)

:cheers:
"Science flew men to the moon. Religion flew men into buildings."

"To sin by silence makes cowards of men."
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

A motorbike taxi will take you there, but as said it's a fairly long way.
The one time I went from The Andaman Club, there was a courtesy minibus taking everyone who wanted it back anywhere into Ranong. I don't know if that still runs though. Assuming it does, I'd reckon there must be one heading out there, but where from in Ranong I don't know.
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

You can organize a taxi or a motorbike taxi from Ranong town, most likely from where the minibus from Chumphon will drop you off. Don't know the current price. Some years ago it was 300 Baht for the return trip by taxi and about 100 for the motorbike taxi. Both will wait at the Andaman Club pier.
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Got the extension last week so will not be doing the run. Good Luck
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Ranong visa run

Post by margaretcarnes »

I don't know where the bus goes from Ranong to the Andaman pier either, but would suggest it's going to be less hassle to stay over in Ranong itself the night before. You'll get an earlier start on the run, and more chance of getting back to HH at a reasonable hour.
And although the boats to the Andaman are very good - and much more comfortable than the longtails - by the time you've got to the pier and back again to Ranong you won't have saved any time.
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.
yoyo
Novice
Novice

Post by yoyo »

Thanks everybody for all the replies.
Yoyo
Rider
Ace
Ace

Post by Rider »

yoyo wrote:Thanks everybody for all the replies.
Yoyo
Or just go ride a bike there! :D

http://www.ontheroadthailand.com/Ranong_Visa_Run.htm