Spanish speakers?

Hook up with friends, arrange meetings, outings and visa trips here.
LolaBeltran
Professional
Professional

Spanish speakers?

Post by LolaBeltran »

Hi everyone. I am now a resident of Hua Hin. I am fluent in Spanish ( actually bilingual Spanish/English) and I would like to see if any other Spanish speakers are around here and possibly interested in forming some sort of club, meet for coffee, dine around group, exchange of email addresses? Perhaps a weekly meeting for morning coffee . . .or even something as ambitious as a reading discussion group.
I have found that not having the opportunity to speak Spanish is making my use of the language rusty . . .and it is such a beautiful language that I have always enjoyed communicating in. Please let me know if you would like to join such a group. !Mil gracias por su atencion!
Jaime
Legend
Legend

Re: Spanish speakers?

Post by Jaime »

Que tal? Yo soy Espanol/Gales. Tenemos un chalet en Hua Hin pero vivimos en Pais de Gales. Volveremos a Hua Hin en Mayo/Junio. Tal vez podriamos encontrarnos cuando llegue?

My Spanish is worse than rusty as you can see and I seriously doubt that you will gain anything from speaking it with me but I would welcome the opportunity to speak the language with you and other Spanish speakers if we get a chance to meet up.

Hasta luego,

Jaime
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Jaime,

You must have written that in a Welsh accent :wink: I put it into Google Translate with auto language detect switched on. It tried to translate from Welsh, with disasterous results. :D

When I told it to translate from Spanish, it managed most of it:
Que tal? I am Spanish & Wales. We have a villa in Hua Hin but we live in Wales. Hua Hin again in May / June. Maybe we could find when I arrive?
Full marks to you for having a go. :clap:

My fault, I know, but :offtopic: please.

By the way, welcome to the Forum LolaBeltran.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Can't remember much, but one phrase that sticks in the mind....

apetece una cerveza

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Johan
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Johan »

I also speak fluent spanish but i didn't practiced it for 15 years.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Johan wrote:I also speak fluent spanish but i didn't practiced it for 15 years.
Peeing in nappies then???
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Someone point her in the direction of the Mexican restaurant. I think Alberto is fluent? Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

pharvey wrote:
Johan wrote:I also speak fluent spanish but i didn't practiced it for 15 years.
Peeing in nappies then???
WTF??? No idea, sorry Johan - jet lag, alcohol and the Internet obviously don't mix :oops: :oops:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

prcscct wrote:Someone point her in the direction of the Mexican restaurant. I think Alberto is fluent? Pete :cheers:
Here's the details. Pete :cheers:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=16763
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Big Boy wrote: I put it into Google Translate... When I told it to translate from Spanish, it managed most of it:
Que tal? I am Spanish & Wales. We have a villa in Hua Hin but we live in Wales. Hua Hin again in May / June. Maybe we could find when I arrive?
You really can't trust this translation software, BB, it's inconsistent and unreliable - this is what I got:
"Wassup, babe? SWBoyo seeks gorgeous Spanish lady with villa in Hua Hin. Hua Hin again in May/June. Maybe we could have some fun when I arrive?"

With a huge welcome and a thousand apologies to Lola... :D

(Alberto speaks Mexican, not Spanish)
This is the way
Jaime
Legend
Legend

Post by Jaime »

Big Boy wrote:When I told it to translate from Spanish, it managed most of it:
Full marks to you for having a go. :clap:
Cheeky f***ker! Nothing like being patronised by an Englishman in the morning! I'm sure it reads much better than that in Spanish - and I don't have Spanish fonts so accents for emphasis are missing. Hence 'Wales' instead of 'Welsh.' I'm not surprised it didn't pick up 'volveremos' (we will return/be returning) as the auto translators seem to miss loads out - just translate any pice of 'bona fide' text in a foreign language to see. The only thing I was unsure of was whether to have used 'reunirnos' instead of 'encontrarnos' but wasn't sure since we have never previously met. Maybe Lola can let us know and then you can eat some humble pie! Mwah, ha ha! :twisted: :neener:
LolaBeltran
Professional
Professional

Post by LolaBeltran »

! No se porque . . .pero mi poste ha atraido chistes como abejas a una flor!

Voy a anunciarlo de nuevo. Espero tener mejor suerte.

Hi everyone. I am now a resident of Hua Hin. I am fluent in Spanish ( actually bilingual Spanish/English) and I would like to see if any other Spanish speakers are around here and possibly interested in forming some sort of club, meet for coffee, dine around group, exchange of email addresses? Perhaps a weekly meeting for morning coffee . . .or even something as ambitious as a reading discussion group.
I have found that not having the opportunity to speak Spanish is making my use of the language rusty . . .and it is such a beautiful language that I have always enjoyed communicating in. Please let me know if you would like to join such a group. !Mil gracias por su atencion!
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

As suggested above, visit or email Alberto at this place: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=16763

I'm sure he is up to speed on the Spanish speakers in Hua Hin, and he owns a restaurant which could possibly serve as a venue for your social gatherings. Pete :cheers:
Jaime
Legend
Legend

Post by Jaime »

LolaBeltran wrote:! No se porque . . .pero mi poste ha atraido chistes como abejas a una flor!

Voy a anunciarlo de nuevo. Espero tener mejor suerte.
Pues, avisame si tiene mejor suerte!
oby1
Novice
Novice

Post by oby1 »

Hi,

I am arriving in Hua Hin later this month from Spain and I would really like to meet up for a coffee/beer with anyone interested in "Intercambio" of English and Spanish? I have an Intermediate level of Spanish and I simply need to continue speaking Spanish to hopefully gain fluency.

If anyone is interested then please let me know?

Cheers,

Oby1