Seeking engineers, can you help?

Hook up with friends, arrange meetings, outings and visa trips here.
av8er

Re: Seeking engineers, can you help?

Post by av8er »

[quote="poosmate"]Beat me to it DM.
Simple instructions should be easy to follow I would have thought for a budding aircraft builder :laugh:[/quote

You'd think, poosmate :banghead: In my defence, I was drunk, exhausted, er, depressed, um, fighting off alien invaders.....and saving the world from imminent annihilation :D Time for a lie-down, methinks.
poosmate
Ace
Ace

Post by poosmate »

quoter wrote:quoted
:rasta:
Maybe try again when rested :wink:
No second ( or third) attempts when flying :laugh:
no more dePreston
av8er

Post by av8er »

Well, sorry guys, I guess I'm just the class nerd. I can't believe the negativity and vitriole that's come my way. I mentioned in another post that I joined this site to make friends, not enemies, but apparently my lack of computer skills, and the odd little-human-error makes me fair game for the cool kids at the back of the class to pour scorn on me at every opportunity. I said somewhere else that I don't need grief here, I get enough of that at work-I guess that's why I earn £1,000 p.w. (That's about 215,000b/mth or $81,500p.a.for the non-Brits). So, post your hatred, your scorn, your unhelpful, petty, bitter posts-I won't bother you any more. To the people who tried to help, Jimbob, VincentD, Dannieboy, a sincere thank you-pm me if you want to: I'll stop being an active participant, and go back to being a passive observer. Let the negativity flow.
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

That's certainly a VERY nice salary to be earning in Thailand. (You earn more in three weeks than I do a year... that's including my saturday work :cry: ) . What is it you do may I ask.

Sorry just realised it was per month... still you earn more in 3 months than I do a year.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

av8er wrote:Well, sorry guys, I guess I'm just the class nerd. I can't believe the negativity and vitriole that's come my way. I mentioned in another post that I joined this site to make friends, not enemies, but apparently my lack of computer skills, and the odd little-human-error makes me fair game for the cool kids at the back of the class to pour scorn on me at every opportunity. I said somewhere else that I don't need grief here, I get enough of that at work-I guess that's why I earn £1,000 p.w. (That's about 215,000b/mth or $81,500p.a.for the non-Brits). So, post your hatred, your scorn, your unhelpful, petty, bitter posts-I won't bother you any more. To the people who tried to help, Jimbob, VincentD, Dannieboy, a sincere thank you-pm me if you want to: I'll stop being an active participant, and go back to being a passive observer. Let the negativity flow.
I don't think anybody's really had it out with you. You've been deliberately evasive and asked very vague questions. From scanning the thread it looks like you've asked about building an aitcraft here and you've been told that it's going to be very difficult - that's not negativity, that's reality.

Thailand is a fantastic place to live, but generally you have to make sacrifices if you want to live here. I have had to accept that I won't be able to get a little band together and play in bars. Another poor guy came in posting about how he wanted to get involved with increasing safety in the local area or get involved with nature preservation. A much more worthy cause that your air craft or my desire to jam about. He had to be made aware of how difficult that was. It wouldn't have been fair for us to all pat him on the back and say 'well done pal' just to then see him deported for saving the rainforrest without a work permit.

You seem to have some kind of complex where you feel everybody is against you. If you find a little bit of banter on this forum offensive then I think you'll have a hard time adapting here anyway. Foreigners like to rip into each other jovially. Sometimes it goes to far and people do get upset. That's life. Usually people patch up or in the unlikely circumstance that irrecoverable damage has occurred then most can generally get by avoiding those bridges where too much water has passed, and being at least curious should they happen to be in the same room.

And that's not to mention the sort of banter you might get into with Thais. Comments about physique, eating habbits, dress sense etc which would be considered rude, offensive and subjects to avoid in the west are all fair game here.

And let's not even go into the dual pricing structure and the separate rules for foreigners.

Thank you for the information on your salary. Not sure what point you were trying to make, but it's good to hear you're doing ok on that front.
av8er

Post by av8er »

Right. Got back from America where I bought the plane-well, the kit, last month. I checked with the maintenance facility at HH airport when I was there in April and, in short, yes, you can build your aircraft here, and yes, you can employ an engineer to assist. I "plan" to start work on the plane around Feb/Mar 2015. (Plan, is in inverted commas because it depends on the sale of some properties, which will determine when we finally move there.) If anyone is interested in getting on board in a fairly unique enterprise-building an aircraft-I'll be in HH on December 11/12, so, if you can choose a time and a place, I'll be more than happy to meet with you to discuss it.
Green Nomad
Professional
Professional

Post by Green Nomad »

Hi av8er,

Have been reading this post of yours with interest, I only found it today, but noticed it was first posted last year. Anyway, if you send me a PM I could be of some interest to you in the future.

Briefly, I am a current airframes/propulsion engineer and would be interested in possibly being involved with your project. GN.
av8er

Post by av8er »

Hi, Green Nomad, thanks for your interest, and with your working background I think this could be the start of a beautiful friendship :D Are you living permanently in HH?
cheapercharlie
Warning
Warning

Post by cheapercharlie »

Good Luck, av8er.
I suggest making a detailed checklist in regard to the legalities and logistics required for your project. Find out which Thai official you need to meet and get things in writing: Thais do not like confrontation and will tell you everything is OK, until the very last second. I finished an almost completed basket-case PA-12 years ago. It took longer than expected, because of people, not because of the actual work. Trade-A-Plane is full of unfinished projects...because it takes lots of time, money and patience. Dreaming is the easiest part. ATP CFI CFII MEI ... etc.
av8er

Post by av8er »

Good point(s) Cheaper. I'm only CPL, NVFR, so I doff my cap to you....if I was wearing a cap. If I knew what "doff" meant. Are you a) living in HH, and b) free roundabout feb/mar 2015 :D ?
ste860
Deceased
Deceased

Post by ste860 »

i agree with charlie ii have a friend who imported a plane from america and everything was fine until it arrive and getting the paperwork in order was a night mare the plane is now leaving again hes given up with all the red tape and hoops they had pot in front of him
cheapercharlie
Warning
Warning

Post by cheapercharlie »

Hello again, av8er.

I have been spending a few months here the last few winters, but ready for a new place. No idea where I will be in 2014, let alone 2015. You have an interesting project. I suggest being straight forward, and posting/looking for a Aviation airframe and powerplant mechanic to help you. I have put aviation (and blondes) behind me. I still have the sailboat and motorcycle bug, for long distance traveling - even after owning a few of each. It is the hassle of registration, legality, theft prevention, etc.... that keep me from purchasing either: AND, I think as we age ... we all get allergic to bullshit! SE Asia in winter - Europe in summer, with two bags: The "KeepItSimpleStupid" approach.

Good luck.
av8er

Post by av8er »

Cheaper, I love your attitude :D You sound like the kind of guy whose been knocked on his ar$e a few times, and just picked yourself up and got on with it. If you find yourself in or near HH on Dec 11/12, I'll buy you a cold one.....beer, not blonde, cheers.
cheapercharlie
Warning
Warning

Post by cheapercharlie »

Thank you, fellow aviator. You are a scholar and a gentleman, and there are damn few of us left ! (ha)
I feel very fortunate to be where I am in life: Bank account's the highest - Cholesterol level's the lowest. Moving forward is simply putting one foot in front of the other.

I just have no faint in humanity. There are more people who would be happy to put a monkey wrench in your KITFOX plans , than assist you. I feel that Thai officials would be happy to put you over a barrel, after you have done everything in good faith. Every time I give someone the benefit of the doubt, I regret it. The Germans have a word for it: Schadenfreude. Midwestern values ? Fogetaboutit !
Ha.

You will see that I have been given a "FINAL WARNING" for telling the @#$%'s on this forum what I think of them: You have had the same problems, I see.

I have always thought that "We're all in this, together".... but I was wrong. I now avoid personal interactions. I spent a lifetime protecting and helping people. "Those were the days, my friend ..." I volunteer occasionally, if it is legit. Anti-American sentiment is worse than I ever imagined: Losers hate winners.

Here are two articles I just found that I agree with ...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/comm ... itain.html

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/arch ... inside-out

I actually will be back in HH that week in December. Thank you for the invite, but I have become a sort of "Contented Recluse."

Good luck with your project. It will be a great sense of accomplishment when you get it finished, and provide tons of enjoyment :D
Green Nomad
Professional
Professional

Post by Green Nomad »

Hi av8er,

Sorry for delay in replying to you, I have been busy with a family visit...As I said if you want to discus anything about my possible involvement, can you please send me a PM.

The comments are now more constructive it seems, good luck with further research etc. GN