Seeking engineers, can you help?

Hook up with friends, arrange meetings, outings and visa trips here.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Re: Seeking engineers, can you help?

Post by Nereus »

Yes, like I have written: it can be done, just be prepared to stump up endless piles of cash!
And it is good advice regarding joining a club, both from a licence point of view, and trying to import something. :cheers:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
av8er

Post by av8er »

Nereus wrote:Yes, like I have written: it can be done, just be prepared to stump up endless piles of cash!
And it is good advice regarding joining a club, both from a licence point of view, and trying to import something. :cheers:

Nureus, please don't hold back, if you know of anything, or anyone who can assist/facilitate in my endeavour, please, spill!! I'm at the start of what I know will be a long and arduous journey, all I want to do is to build-or import-an aircraft into Thailand. In an ideal world, it would be a walk in the park; de-register it in one country-re-register it in another: factor in that quintessential "Thainess" and everything becomes so much harder. So, nose to the grindstone, shoulder to the wheel, lower back to the physio....give!!!!! :cheers:
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Have look here. There are a couple of others but this one is the biggest.

http://www.thaiflyingclub.com/
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

VincentD wrote:The museum shut down? Sad.
Appears that it may be open again soon:

"Exhibition at the Royal Thai Airforce Museum. Come and see the repairs after the flood damage. 22 June 2012"
Jimbob
Legend
Legend

Post by Jimbob »

Dear Av 8) er,
Another nice Aussie aircraft kit maker is Morgan aeroworks.
sierra-fly-001.jpg
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

Av8er...

Welcome to Thailand. What may seem to be black and white will turn out to be various shades of grey.
Note that any flying done in the kingdom is daylight only, i.e. 6 am to 6 pm. No flying outside of these hours except police or military flights.
All flying is VFR.
You can only fly to designated airports around the country.
Think you also have to file your flight plan at least a day ahead of your flight, unless you're doing circuits around the airport. Not much fun, that.

If you import:
1. You will need a place to park said aircraft. - TFC provides parking for a certain fee. You may need to be a club member first, though.
2. If registration to be changed to 'HS', you will need a DOA approved maintence program/ repair station. - TFC. (You may not be given a choice here)
3. To import, you may have to go through a club - TFC.
Ad naseum...

*TFC= Thai Flying Club
Suggest you take a trip up there and have a chat with the people who run the place. I don't have dealings with them any more and it has been years since I was last there. (Some small NDT jobs at the time). You may also want to find out if you will be allowed to be based at HH airport.
วินเชนท์
av8er

Post by av8er »

VincentD, I'm not in Thailand....yet, I'm still digging my escape tunnel :) I suspect you're right about joining a club, it's just something I'll have to "suck it up". (Refer to my earlier comment re Groucho Marx.) Parking may not be an issue: the Kitfox has foldable wings, reducing the width of the aircraft to a shade under 8ft making it legally trailerable-so at the end of a hard day's flying, you hook it up to your trusty steed, and take it home. Similar to a wife, really, :cheers:
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Here you go av8er. Probably work out cheaper that trying to convince the Thai customs that you just want a hobby as well: :rasta:

av8er

Post by av8er »

Thanks, Nereus, but I'm talking about real aircraft. O.K.they're not 400 pax trans-continental behemoths, but they carry real people-typically 2-4-and require a modicom of ability to take-off, navigate and land. I notice that you didn't respond to my original request for engineers until a few days had passed, then you announced that you hold/held a commercial pilots licence and a maintenence engineers licence, and now, I feel that you're belittling my efforts to gain an insight into the legal situation regarding aircraft ownership in Thailand. I'm sorry that you feel it neccessary to do that.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

av8er wrote:Thanks, Nereus, but I'm talking about real aircraft. O.K.they're not 400 pax trans-continental behemoths, but they carry real people-typically 2-4-and require a modicom of ability to take-off, navigate and land. I notice that you didn't respond to my original request for engineers until a few days had passed, then you announced that you hold/held a commercial pilots licence and a maintenence engineers licence, and now, I feel that you're belittling my efforts to gain an insight into the legal situation regarding aircraft ownership in Thailand. I'm sorry that you feel it neccessary to do that.
Sorry mate, but regardless of what you think, I think that you are full of the proverbial! You want people to help you I suggest you change your attitude a bit, because each time somebody has given your some useful advice you seem to respond with a reply that you think you know it all already.
av8er

Post by av8er »

Nereus wrote:
av8er wrote:Thanks, Nereus, but I'm talking about real aircraft. O.K.they're not 400 pax trans-continental behemoths, but they carry real people-typically 2-4-and require a modicom of ability to take-off, navigate and land. I notice that you didn't respond to my original request for engineers until a few days had passed, then you announced that you hold/held a commercial pilots licence and a maintenence engineers licence, and now, I feel that you're belittling my efforts to gain an insight into the legal situation regarding aircraft ownership in Thailand. I'm sorry that you feel it neccessary to do that.
Sorry mate, but regardless of what you think, I think that you are full of the proverbial! You want people to help you I suggest you change your attitude a bit, because each time somebody has given your some useful advice you seem to respond with a reply that you think you know it all already.
Nereus, I joined this site to make friends, not enemies. I get enough grief in my job, and believe me, I don't go looking for more in my leisure time. If you read back over the thread, you'll see a lot of drifting off-thread, which I don't understand-style over substance, I guess. My request for information, was just that, there are so many things that I just don't know. To quote Oscar Wilde: "The only thing I know is that I know nothing". Cheers.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

av8er wrote:
Nereus wrote:
Nereus, I joined this site to make friends, not enemies. I get enough grief in my job, and believe me, I don't go looking for more in my leisure time. If you read back over the thread, you'll see a lot of drifting off-thread, which I don't understand-style over substance, I guess. My request for information, was just that, there are so many things that I just don't know. To quote Oscar Wilde: "The only thing I know is that I know nothing". Cheers.
av8er, you seem like a genuine guy and you have at least now made it clear what your dreams are all about, but I think you will find that most of the posters were probably somewhat frustrated that it took you an age to come out with any direction on what it was you were on about. Had you opened up with "I'm a frustrated wannabe plane maker with lots of ideas but lacking some of the technical skills so looking for help and/or advice", I am sure you would have got the positive replies you hoped for.
av8er

Post by av8er »

Nereus, I joined this site to make friends, not enemies. I get enough grief in my job, and believe me, I don't go looking for more in my leisure time. If you read back over the thread, you'll see a lot of drifting off-thread, which I don't understand-style over substance, I guess. My request for information, was just that, there are so many things that I just don't know. To quote Oscar Wilde: "The only thing I know is that I know nothing". Cheers.[/quote]

av8er, you seem like a genuine guy and you have at least now made it clear what your dreams are all about, but I think you will find that most of the posters were probably somewhat frustrated that it took you an age to come out with any direction on what it was you were on about. Had you opened up with "I'm a frustrated wannabe plane maker with lots of ideas but lacking some of the technical skills so looking for help and/or advice", I am sure you would have got the positive replies you hoped for.[/quote]

Thanks, Nereus, good point, well made. One of the problems I've encountered in the past is that, given that everyone has an opinion on everything, I've been called, insane, crazy, mad for voluntarily flying in "one of those contraptions/suicide machines", a similar reaction when people find out my wife is Thai. "Oh yeah, which bar did you buy her from?" As a result I've learned to proceed with caution, test the waters. Anyway, you other people out there: before Nereus and I get all mushy and end up proposing to eachother :shock: Let's hear what some other guys/gals have to say, cheers.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Before you propose to Nereus and get rejected, you'd better have another look at who wrote the above post... :laugh: :laugh:

EDIT: You also need to get the hang of the quote function! :shock:
This is the way
poosmate
Ace
Ace

Post by poosmate »

Beat me to it DM.
Simple instructions should be easy to follow I would have thought for a budding aircraft builder :laugh:
no more dePreston