Ranong trip, share vehicle?

Hook up with friends, arrange meetings, outings and visa trips here.
buksida

Ranong trip, share vehicle?

Post by buksida »

I need to go down to Ranong on the morning of Wednesday the 2nd of November, only need one way since I'll be in Burma for a few days.

Was wondering if any of the visa runners want to share a vehicle as I dont fancy 8 hours on a bus?
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

A couple of points :
The bus down should take 6-6.5 hours. The quickest I've ever made Ranong in a hire car was 4 and that at 140-160 kph all the way to Chumphon. At a more sedate pace, I've give it 5 hours, so you're not really saving much time. Just some comfort.
If you can go a day early, break your journey in Chumphon. I did it last weekend. Stayed at The Chumphon Palace Hotel at 450 Baht per night for a twin room, air con, cable tv, mini bar and hot water shower. It's in the centre of town. The next morning, get a shared minibus to Ranong for 100 baht - takes 2 hours. The hotel gave us a ride there for free.
Chumphon isn't exactly nightlife city, but we found a place called "The Farang Bar". UBC, big bottle of Chang for 60 baht and a tremendous menu. Most of the taxi drivers will know it.
shafter
Rookie
Rookie

Post by shafter »

Wot no work permit?

Why you need do visa run?

If have visa and permit no need to do visa run.
buksida

Post by buksida »

shafter wrote:Wot no work permit?

Why you need do visa run?

If have visa and permit no need to do visa run.
Is there anywhere in my post that says I'm going to Ranong for a visa run or that I dont have a work permit? Try reading them before you jump in replying with your hasty assumptions.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
buksida

Post by buksida »

Just bumping this one up.

Anyone going to Ranong on 2nd of November?

lomu, have you got any info on taxis or private charter? Public transport and half a ton of dive gear will be a nightmare!
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Sorry, can't help you there.
But I would take a stab at around 3,500 by taxi. That's only based on distance.
It's about 400 kms I think.