Anyone wants to meet up?

Hook up with friends, arrange meetings, outings and visa trips here.
RoyVer
Amateur
Amateur

Anyone wants to meet up?

Post by RoyVer »

Anyone wants to meet up?

I'm interested in web development but I think I could talk about pretty much anything. I spend too much time in front of the laptop so it would be nice to get out and talk to people in real life a bit more often.

Just a relaxed hangout, surely we could talk business if that's what you're into but it's not necessarily a professional meeting, just some chit chat about whatever springs to mind.

Meeting will take place in a safe, clean and sober environment somewhere in Hua Hin or elsewhere in Thailand.

Send a PM please.

MrPlum
Banned
Banned

Re: Anyone wants to meet up?

Post by MrPlum »

Why not attend a Quiz night? Or sit in MV food court at lunch time with a sign around your neck... 'Computer Geek seeks distraction from Virtual world. Please take pity on me'

This was taken at the last techie get together... :wink:

RoyVer
Amateur
Amateur

Post by RoyVer »

Ha.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

RoyVer wrote:Anyone wants to meet up?

I'm interested in web development but I think I could talk about pretty much anything. I spend too much time in front of the laptop so it would be nice to get out and talk to people in real life a bit more often.

Just a relaxed hangout, surely we could talk business if that's what you're into but it's not necessarily a professional meeting, just some chit chat about whatever springs to mind.

Meeting will take place in a safe, clean and sober environment somewhere in Hua Hin or elsewhere in Thailand.

Send a PM please.

There was a well advertised expat gathering last Friday at JW's bar, why didn't you go and introduce yourself there?
MrPlum
Banned
Banned

Post by MrPlum »

RoyVer wrote:Ha.
A bit juvenile of me.

Yes, I'm game. Check your pm's.
J.J.B.
Guru
Guru

Post by J.J.B. »

I'd love to meet up when I'm over at Christmas. My wife describes herself as a "computer widow" fairly frequently based on the amount of time I spend in front of various screens but since she's bringing the 'outlaws' with her for the holiday I shall certainly be looking for an excuse to break free! Feel free to send a PM and it would be a pleasure to meet someone with some similar interests.
"A man who does not think for himself, does not think at all."
Wilde
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

Good luck fellas.

Not a slight on you guys but I've wanted to say it for a while , I find it fucking creepy.

Have a good evening.

:cheers:
MrPlum
Banned
Banned

Post by MrPlum »

BaaBaa. wrote:Not a slight on you guys but I've wanted to say it for a while , I find it ***** creepy.
Now that's pretty spooky, BaaBaa. Supporting Liverpool has obviously sharpened your instincts for fakers. :naughty:

I sent a pm and was posted a link, which took me to a short form, apparently intended to weed out the riff-raff. The questions weren't serious, which makes me think it might be an attempt at humour. Whatever it was, asking others to jump through hoops, before you will meet them, seems a strange way to introduce yourself. Especially if you are the one that is seeking company.

Needless to say, I declined the invitation.

Maybe it's a Swedish thing?...

J.J.B.
Guru
Guru

Post by J.J.B. »

MrPlum wrote:
BaaBaa. wrote:Not a slight on you guys but I've wanted to say it for a while , I find it ***** creepy.
Now that's pretty spooky, BaaBaa. Supporting Liverpool has obviously sharpened your instincts for fakers. :naughty:

I sent a pm and was posted a link, which took me to a short form, apparently intended to weed out the riff-raff. The questions weren't serious, which makes me think it might be an attempt at humour. Whatever it was, asking others to jump through hoops, before you will meet them, seems a strange way to introduce yourself. Especially if you are the one that is seeking company.

Needless to say, I declined the invitation.

Maybe it's a Swedish thing?...

At least you were extended the courtesy of a vetting, Mr Plum, I've not even had that..?!

Maybe I've already been checked out :alien:
Wilde
MrPlum
Banned
Banned

Post by MrPlum »

J.J.B. wrote:At least you were extended the courtesy of a vetting, Mr Plum, I've not even had that..?!

Maybe I've already been checked out :alien:
Considering the industry you were in, I believe your blood test is on the way. :thumb:
J.J.B.
Guru
Guru

Post by J.J.B. »

[/quote]Considering the industry you were in, I believe your blood test is on the way. :thumb:[/quote]

Now, now, Mr Plum. Am 'still' in if you please... :D
Wilde
MrPlum
Banned
Banned

Post by MrPlum »

J.J.B. wrote:Now, now, Mr Plum. Am 'still' in if you please... :D
Oops. Your 'undecided' location had me thinking you were abandoned, rootless and seeking to come to Hua Hin to meet the various misfits.

The OP isn't so out there. After all, Immigration make us complete forms before they let us in (although their screening out the wheat from the chaff needs a little work). A new trend? Coming to Johnny Walker's Quiz Night?... Please answer the following questions before you can be allowed to answer the following questions... :rasta:
J.J.B.
Guru
Guru

Post by J.J.B. »

I'm undecided because I never seem to be in the same place long enough to feel it makes sense; if only it were Hua Hin but holidays will have to suffice 'til that sweet moment. :|

I will certainly show my general ignorance in one of Johnnie's Quiz Nights - he is partially responsible for my connection with HH after all so only fair he should suffer the consequences! I'm over for three weeks from mid-December and feel it is only right that I take my place amongst the misfits and reprobates, Swedish chefs excepted! :P
Wilde