Charitable donations for Cancer victim - Can anyone help?

Hook up with friends, arrange meetings, outings and visa trips here.
malcolminthemiddle
Guru
Guru

Re: Charitable donations for Cancer victim - Can anyone help

Post by malcolminthemiddle »

Does she have a TV to keep her company? If not does any one have a spare set?
Zeolite
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Zeolite »

malcolminthemiddle wrote:Does she have a TV to keep her company?
Yes. I have borrowed a small TV which is old but has an acceptable picture.

One complication is that she had an epidural for pain relief, while fluid was drained from her lungs. After a week, she says her spine is still 'blocked'. Pregnant mothers should be wary of this procedure. It is a myth it is safe. http://traditionalbirthservices.com/epidurals.pdf

Mother and daughter seem concerned at the quality of care provided at her local hospital and both are resistant to any more invasive surgical procedures. Her husband died of Cancer last year but they said he died after a hospital procedure. I need a good interpretor to help me understand.

On another thread I mentioned the 30 thb scheme, where you need to stay in your local region to qualify for free care. I am wondering if there are exemptions and whether any members know someone who knows someone. You know how it works here. Maybe there is a Doctor reading this who could put in a word at the hospital. Otherwise as she deteriorates, she may be forced back to the village. The Church is contacting them today. Will post if they are able to help with this.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Zeolite wrote:On another thread I mentioned the 30 thb scheme, where you need to stay in your local region to qualify for free care. I am wondering if there are exemptions and whether any members know someone who knows someone. You know how it works here. Maybe there is a Doctor reading this who could put in a word at the hospital. Otherwise as she deteriorates, she may be forced back to the village. The Church is contacting them today. Will post if they are able to help with this.
I don't consider myself at all knowledgeable in these matters, but I will say how my wife did it.

Ignore the bit about her being married to a Farang that I've mentioned earlier - I advised that in a different context..

When we arrived in Thailand, my wife's name was on a Tabien Bahn which was registered in Isaan, so she wasn't eligible to use the scheme at Hua Hin. It was when she had her name moved to a Tabien Bahn in Hua Hin that her eligibility started.

I would therefore assume the key is in moving the lady's house registration to the Hua Hin area
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
zeitgeist
Professional
Professional

Post by zeitgeist »

Big Boy wrote: When we arrived in Thailand, my wife's name was on a Tabien Bahn which was registered in Isaan, so she wasn't eligible to use the scheme at Hua Hin. It was when she had her name moved to a Tabien Bahn in Hua Hin that her eligibility started.
I would therefore assume the key is in moving the lady's house registration to the Hua Hin area
If you need to put her on a Hua Hin Tabian Baan let me know and she can go on ours.
Zeolite
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Zeolite »

zeitgeist wrote:
Big Boy wrote: When we arrived in Thailand, my wife's name was on a Tabien Bahn which was registered in Isaan, so she wasn't eligible to use the scheme at Hua Hin. It was when she had her name moved to a Tabien Bahn in Hua Hin that her eligibility started.
If you need to put her on a Hua Hin Tabian Baan let me know and she can go on ours.
Thank you both for the idea. Will pm you once I get feedback.
Zeolite
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Charitable donations for Cancer victim - Can anyone help?

Post by Zeolite »

Thought I would update those who took an interest in this topic. It has now been 17 months and the lady is doing fine. Her condition has not improved but nor has it deteriorated. She takes a herbal combination and raw garlic daily, which seems to be stopping the lung cancer from spreading. She wishes to thank those who contributed. Me too. Thank you, sincerely.