Former Vietnam Veterans

Hook up with friends, arrange meetings, outings and visa trips here.
mchkin
Rookie
Rookie

Former Vietnam Veterans

Post by mchkin »

Is there any other veterans here that also served here during the Nam era? Maybe meet a few old friends.
163rd Trans. Det. Rules
mchkin
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Re: Former Vietnam Veterans

Post by hhfarang »

There are several who were "in country" or stationed in Thailand as support. If you get a chance to meet the guy married to the owner of Terrace 90 restaurant (closed now, may or may not reopen) he is one and he knows all the others as we used to have big get togethers years ago (I was in the Naval Air Reserve during that time but never actually went to S.E. Asia).
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
mchkin
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mchkin »

THEN YOU ARE MISSING OUT ON THE FRIENDLYEST PEOPLE I HAVE EVER MET. OH THANKS FOR THE INFO TOO HUH :)
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

mchkin wrote:THEN YOU ARE MISSING OUT ON THE FRIENDLYEST PEOPLE I HAVE EVER MET. OH THANKS FOR THE INFO TOO HUH :)
Oh, I meant that I never went to S.E. Asia during the war. I've been there (Thailand mainly) many times starting in 1980 and just moved back to the U.S. after living in Hua Hin for 10 years. :cheers:
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
mchkin
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mchkin »

well I can respect that opinion... I lrft here in 1970. moving to Hua hin in a few days. lookin forward ti being on the ocean again... well good luck with your life..
Mike
Kray63
Novice
Novice

Post by Kray63 »

Yes , I am ....66-67 and 67-68 USMC..been living Hua Hin 3years all is well :)