Falang / Thai musicians / band

Hook up with friends, arrange meetings, outings and visa trips here.
Mr Jame!
Rookie
Rookie

Falang / Thai musicians / band

Post by Mr Jame! »

Anyone play musical instruments and want to get together maybe make a band and go busking in Tesco or the shopping mall!!!! No but seriously it would be good have been in a couple of bands in england singing and playing guitar / sax , something to do perhaps once a week meet up somewhere and play music. Maybe we can find a bar who'll let us play for free beer. always after the free beer.

:cheers:
Mr Jame!
Rookie
Rookie

Ah..

Post by Mr Jame! »

Oh well.
Mart

Post by Mart »

It's sounds like a good idea, but I for one wouldn't do it. There is a chance that immigration/labour dept would see it as working.

Mart
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Mart wrote:It's sounds like a good idea, but I for one wouldn't do it. There is a chance that immigration/labour dept would see it as working.

Mart
Correct. Both for the musicians and the owners of the bar - unless the musicians have work permits for that and the bar an entertainment licence.
Mr Jame!
Rookie
Rookie

oh ok

Post by Mr Jame! »

Ah ok, see what you mean. I just meant for fun more than anything not to profit. I thought there must be a lot of bars with entertainments license though? If its for fun only then its surely ok to play music in bars, or is singing kareoke considered working too? Seen some posts about people wanting to hook up and play blues, i'd be up for that im a good singer but my guitar is self taught and usually just play around with chords to make up my own songs.
Mr Jame!
Rookie
Rookie

Music studio

Post by Mr Jame! »

And I have a music studio (cubase SX3) on my laptop with an external sound card and a few microphones including a Rode stereo condesor which is lovely for recording live and acoustic performances. So if anyone would like to record demos or things then I'd be happy to. I can have 10 or 12 tracks at once with loads of effects and compression works fine with no slow down on the computer.
Randy Cornhole
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Randy Cornhole »

There have been several threads about getting togeather for jams etc.... including one from me but it never seems to happen?
I will be back on or around the 20th of April and definatly want to hook up with some fellow musos, especially a singer as i sound like a puking cat!
So i will PM some people on my return. I play guitar by the way and have my trusty Lowden with me in Hua Hin.
www.35mmview.com
NikkiSixx

Post by NikkiSixx »

I know I'm a bit late but I too am a keen electric guitarist and will be looking for someone to jam/record with when I arrive in a year or so.
Good band members are nearly impossible to find in Devon, so I don't now what HH will have to offer in that department!
P.S. Will I have to pay import tax on my guitars/Marshalls?
Rock on dudes! :thumb:
DawnHRD
Legend
Legend

Post by DawnHRD »

Have any of you thought of joining the music society (I think it's called that). My boyfriend was a musician & a lot of the guys who played at his funeral were music society members. They might be the best people to get together with to record & just to jam. I think the manager (owner?) of Blue Station is the organiser of the society. I'll try & find out more & anyone interested can pm me.
"The question is not, can they reason? Nor, can they talk? But, can they suffer?" - Jeremy Bentham, philosopher, 1748-1832

Make a dog's life better, today!
NikkiSixx

Post by NikkiSixx »

Thanks Dawn, sounds interesting!
DawnHRD
Legend
Legend

Post by DawnHRD »

Just read thru my post & realised I make it sound like a classical society. My boyfriend was into rock & it was all rock & reggae they played at his funeral. I think they cater for all genres.
"The question is not, can they reason? Nor, can they talk? But, can they suffer?" - Jeremy Bentham, philosopher, 1748-1832

Make a dog's life better, today!
pinksquid

Post by pinksquid »

I play a few things, but they are not exactly "jam" materials: electric violin, shamisen, and koto. :mrgreen:
As of mid August I am on vacation via traveling around the globe and I am not returning until the end of November (I have no Internet access until I return). Have fun!
SuperTonic
Suspended
Suspended

Post by SuperTonic »

The music society could be something of interest when I move out to Thailand in May. I play guitar, drums, keyboard, sing, write, produce and have even been on the radio so I could probably do something useful somewhere along the lines :)