ADS

Help us improve the forum! Make a suggestion for the board or ask questions here. This area is also for forum announcements.
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

ADS

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Must be a better way than getting your attention than filling a whole computer screen with them. I would try and higher the resolution to 1600 * 2000 but my eyes ain't that great
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
Wanderlust
Legend
Legend

Post by Wanderlust »

You must have a tiny screen JG! I assume you are referring to the strip of ads above the HHAD/AWOL Media Partnership announcement? That was filled with something else before so has something changed about the way it looks on your computer?
buksida

Re: ADS

Post by buksida »

JimmyGreaves wrote:Must be a better way than getting your attention than filling a whole computer screen with them. I would try and higher the resolution to 1600 * 2000 but my eyes ain't that great
They're the same size as what was there previously and look fine on my resolution - 1440x900.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

1024 * 768 and the forum can just be seen. Old age guys the eyes ain't what they used to be and a screen full of ads don't make pleasant viewing. Must be the new arrangement as they didn't bother me before. Asthetics you can't please everyone!
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Try scrolling down, JG, it works for me! :D
This is the way
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

I’ve just accessed on a small screen and it does look like more adverts, but wasn’t it just one big one in the same space before?
Anyway, scrolling down certainly solves the problem as pointed out.
Super Joe
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Super Joe »

I'm on 1280 x 800 and it works fine.
Innovative ways to increase revenue in the current economic climate gets my approval. The new ad boxes are very generous in sizes compared to other older ones :cry: Only kidding.

SJ
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Now I’m on a bigger monitor it looks at lot more normal and the ads seem properly proportioned.
Before the forum was disappearing off the bottom and that alarm system box was bigger than the bar it sits on.
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Must admit 1280 * 1024 and it's fine.

We used to design websites at 600 * 480 and then moved to 800 * 600. which seemed alot smaller res in those days. 1024 * 768 is good for me any higher and I squint with contacts + glasses. Higher res is Ok for you youngsters :D
buksida

Post by buksida »

Anyone still using 640x480 or 800x600 resolutions must be on a ten year old computer and are surely in a tiny minority. Today websites are designed either to fit 100% width (as this one does) or to a minimum res of 1024x768 without scrolling (as this one is).

The ads will soon come down in size to 120x80 so HHAD can fit 6 in instead of 4.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

buksida wrote:Anyone still using 640x480 or 800x600 resolutions must be on a ten year old computer and are surely in a tiny minority. Today websites are designed either to fit 100% width (as this one does) or to a minimum res of 1024x768 without scrolling (as this one is).

The ads will soon come down in size to 120x80 so HHAD can fit 6 in instead of 4.
Buksi

You have to scroll right when users insert an overlarge image:
Check here:

http://www.huahinafterdark.com/forum/pa ... 11309.html

1280 * 1024
buksida

Post by buksida »

Yes, but the web designer does not control what members decide to upload and the current ad layout causes no scrolling on all current standard resolutions.
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Yes, but the developer can restrict the size and dimensions of image uploads in code to eliminate that glitch
Last edited by JimmyGreaves on Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Not if images are pasted from third party websites. Those uploaded to HHAD are restricted by the code.
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Ok. Never posted an image on the site in all my time here, but need to do one soon as I'm gonna take advantage of splitlid 3d offer. So we have 2 choices to point to a URL on another site or upload to the server. Cool