"Hidden" section

Help us improve the forum! Make a suggestion for the board or ask questions here. This area is also for forum announcements.
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

"Hidden" section

Post by Spitfire »

This is more of a question than a suggestion, but I'm a bit :? .

Why is there a "hidden" section in the report about who is online? What is the point of it?

I've often thought about why there is one and never really 'come up' with a convincing explanation as to why someone needs to hide their name when they come on, bazaar! Maybe just the :alien: s amongst us?

Not really complaining or anything, 'up to them' but just a bit confused.

:idea: Shouldn't you rename that section "sneaky lightweights" or "ghosts in the machine"? :laugh:

Any input/explanations are welcome. :cheers:
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Well Spitfire,

Consider this "purely hypothetical" scenario... say you were on the run from the law and there was a very active thread on here about your alleged crime.

You my want to log in from, ... say Cambodia... and read the pros and cons about your case from time to time. You may even want to make comments yourself under a new ID but not let people know that you were reading the responses. :twisted:

I'm sure there are other reasons though... :D
buksida

Post by buksida »

Its a standard function in the software and is of great importance to our totally paranoid members. We know who you are ... bwaaaaaaaahahahahaha!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
sandman67
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sandman67 »

its a foul and evil plot by the satanist Mods of HHAD to allow 8 foot tall shapeshifting lizardoid aliens to monitor our brainwaves......

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
"Science flew men to the moon. Religion flew men into buildings."

"To sin by silence makes cowards of men."
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

I wondered what that “hidden” thing was all about; are you saying that some people are logged on secretly for some obscure reason?
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

STEVE G wrote:.........are you saying that some people are logged on secretly for some obscure reason?
Yes STEVE, think that is exactly it, hence the sarcastic OP. Bet one of them is J......... :wink:

Quite why the paranoid section are so prolific that the original designers of the software feel a "spoof" setting is necessary is ridiculous/up for debate, your guess is as good as mine.

Funny though, when I see "3 Hidden" bit, it always makes me smile. Also, bet the gents at HQ know exactly who they are, as Buksi said, and have a right good laugh about it.

:cheers:
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
Randy Cornhole
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Randy Cornhole »

Bet one of them is J.........
Jesus...?... :shock:
www.35mmview.com
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Randy Cornhole wrote:
Jesus rode horses? :shock: :shock:
Talk is cheap
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

caller wrote:
Randy Cornhole wrote:
Jesus rode horses? :shock: :shock:
I thought it was a donkey, but then I never paid that much attention at Sunday school.