General Info in LOS for All on the Forum

Help us improve the forum! Make a suggestion for the board or ask questions here. This area is also for forum announcements.
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

General Info in LOS for All on the Forum

Post by Spitfire »

OK Gents, I'll give this another go,

I'm not sure how it would work but I can't help thinking that it would be good to have someplace on the forum where members/newbies/guests etc can get general info on more serious subjects that are not up for debate, ie we already know the deal on it, whatever the subject, if it changes then someone can post, but has to be right.

What I mean is if someone is buying/selling a house or is not knowledgable about the educational system or for visas etc, a check-list "info pool" so to speak, could be initialised, but vague points that should be remembered..

A "points to remember" list or point check, "Things to remember or consider" etc. If it was worded correctly then it could work.

I know we have forums for questions, this is not for questions, just basic info, but it might be cool to have a bunch of vague check-lists for people to view, just for hardcore info or the basics, not everyone wants to start a thread and you can only do that if you are a member. Thousands of guests browse the forum all the time. Something concise with just a check-list might be very helpful.

I know admin might frown but if you kept it vague and pointed out that it is only just good ideas/pointers/things to remember etc that are posted by members or mods then you can have the "it fits in with T&Cs" about the info as it is the resposibility of posters and not the forum administrators/owners.

It would be not telling people what to do, point it out in a clear fashion, and have experienced posters give input or publicise new developements then I can only see it being a benefit to all, whatever the subject.

Many times I've read, for example, property threads and there's some great advise but it's all over the show and would require 'digging up' loads of threads to get it all.

There are many experienced posters from all walks of life on here and many could contribute in a general way to help all and sundry.

Anything imparticular, which is most of the time, then go to the relevent forum but there are many that silently read and it could be of great help to many, along with showing that the forum and it's members are doing a service to all.

This idea, if acceptable or workable, would need some refining but that's why it's in the suggestions department.

:cheers:
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Lev, I'd like to support this suggestion 100%. Then give spitfire the job of collating the various 'vague' lists. If necessary, you could even make him an honorary Mod, with badge and everything. :wink:
This is the way
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

Nice one DM, perhaps you, VS and myself could agree on the education one. Would have to leave the other fields to other posters.

As for an honorary mod.........well........it would be fun being Grim Reaper. :twisted:
Resolve dissolves in alcohol