Hua Hin Forum software/server upgrades

Help us improve the forum! Make a suggestion for the board or ask questions here. This area is also for forum announcements.
Big Boy

Re: Why this Forum change?

Post by Big Boy »

margaretcarnes wrote:The banner on the intro page makes it look as if the forum is being run by HotProperties. Is that the case?
Please clarify :?
banner.png
margaretcarnes wrote:Hopefully as changes are fully implemented we may once again be able to see some useful info on the posters and their status. With time the sickly colour might become easier on the eye. But for now it really isn't floating my boat.
Hopefully, Lev has explained why, but why do you get a new TV, or a new car? Your old one will start developing faults etc. The new one has extra whistles and bells, which people see on other forums, and ask why we don't have the same.

Maybe sunglasses will help your colour problems :D
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Re: Hua Hin Forum software upgrade

Post by huahin4ever »

prcscct wrote:
huahin4ever wrote:I miss the function "Mark the Forum read". Will this be possible? I like to log in and click new posts (which I have found under quick links), but when I logged back in today many of the same posts I saw yesterday are still coming up as new posts even though there are no new posts from yesterday. So for me the function in the old layout was working very good. Before I logged out I marked the whole Forum Read, and when I logged in the next time I only got threads with new posts.
Go to the forum index page (HOME) and on right hand side under last visit time and date you'll find it. Pete
:cheers: :thumb: :thumb:
YNWA
buksida

Re: Why this Forum change?

Post by buksida »

margaretcarnes wrote:Sorry guys but the new format and layout of the Forum just doesn't hack it for me. The colour is sickening for a start. The banner on the intro page makes it look as if the forum is being run by HotProperties. Is that the case?

Hopefully as changes are fully implemented we may once again be able to see some useful info on the posters and their status. With time the sickly colour might become easier on the eye. But for now it really isn't floating my boat.
The banner rotates as it always has done. The notice is red because red is kind of eye catching and notice-like, nowt to do with real estate agencies.

The notion behind the colour scheme change was to move away from that tired old maroon colour that has for so long been associated with "after dark". As with any redesign though - you cant please everyone, I did suggest 'claret and blue' but that was vetoed. :mrgreen:
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
jumusman
Professional
Professional

Post by jumusman »

I really like the new design and layout. Keep up the good work guys!
"If there is any religion that could cope with modern scientific needs it would be Buddhism." - Albert Einstein, 1936
Frank Hovis
Legend
Legend

Post by Frank Hovis »

I find the 'New Posts' screen a little bit busy and tightly packed, maybe a bit more spacing between posts would help.
I also find the 'unread posts' icon to be very small and not instantly obvious that there are unread posts.
Also... those scrolling icons are quite distracting.

Just my tuppence...

Apart from that everything seems OK.
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

We have been back and forth with the software developers today, they have cited the iPad's reading of the sidebar as the source of the display problem. We have made a couple of tweaks so can iPad users please re-check the layout and report back.

Thanks.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Lev wrote:We have been back and forth with the software developers today, they have cited the iPad's reading of the sidebar as the source of the display problem. We have made a couple of tweaks so can iPad users please re-check the layout and report back.

Thanks.
Looks great :cheers:
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

Dannie Boy wrote: Looks great :cheers:
Thanks, but yours was ok to begin with, we need those that were having display problems on iPads to confirm whether the problem has been solved or not.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Attaching a file now seems much simpler. Does the software automatically resize it?
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
buksida

Post by buksida »

There is still a file size restriction to stop people trying to upload 5Mb images but the pixel size has been increased to 800 for in post images. You can also upload multiple images at the same time which is a great improvement IMO.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
RobinB52
Rookie
Rookie

Post by RobinB52 »

On my iPad2 using Chrome the whole sidebar displays at the foot of the page below the 'who is online'. It does the same using Safari.
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

We presume from the lack of response from iPad users that our software tweaks worked. On recommendation from the software developers, the sidebar has been removed from view for iPad users because Apple software does not render it properly.

Either way there are two other solutions if iPad users are still not happy with the layout, both of which we have tested on iPads:

1) View New Posts
2) Tapatalk

Thank you for your patience.
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

Viewing from my iPad the layout is now perfect. Thanks
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
splitlid
Guru
Guru

Post by splitlid »

in the 'latest topics' box on the RHS it states that there are certain amount of replies to a topic.
I.e. the art of salt exhibition states that there is one reply. when in reality there are no replys just the opening post.

also on my iphone, it only uses about 1/3 of the screen.
and the autotext when you login in does not seem to complete when you click on it.(not sure about this one) :D
"All the otters don't understand me"
"We might make you bother"
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

splitlid wrote:in the 'latest topics' box on the RHS it states that there are certain amount of replies to a topic.
I.e. the art of salt exhibition states that there is one reply. when in reality there are no replys just the opening post.
I can't answer the iPhone question, but I asked the same question about the count when testing - the upgraded software counts the OP as reply 1. Illogical, but it is what it is :?
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20