Multiple quotes

Help us improve the forum! Make a suggestion for the board or ask questions here. This area is also for forum announcements.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Multiple quotes

Post by Nereus »

We have a very good sticky on how to post a picture. What I cannot figure out is how to post multiple quotes, both from a post being answered, and also from separate posts.

Could somebody please explain the procedure, and maybe it could be added as a sticky along with the post a picture post. :cheers:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Re: Multiple quotes

Post by dtaai-maai »

Put simply (I think), once you've clicked 'reply' or 'quote' on a post, scroll down and follow the usual quote procedure with the posts at the bottom of the screen...
Nereus wrote:We have a very good sticky on how to post a picture. What I cannot figure out is how to post multiple quotes, both from a post being answered, and also from separate posts.

Could somebody please explain the procedure, and maybe it could be added as a sticky along with the post a picture post. :cheers:
Yes, just checked - it's that simple.
This is the way
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Oh - if you want to quote posts from another thread, I think you'll have to copy and paste them.
This is the way
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

dtaai-maai wrote:Put simply (I think), once you've clicked 'reply' or 'quote' on a post, scroll down and follow the usual quote procedure with the posts at the bottom of the screen...
Nereus wrote:We have a very good sticky on how to post a picture. What I cannot figure out is how to post multiple quotes, both from a post being answered, and also from separate posts.

Yes, just checked - it's that simple.
Sorry, maybe I did not phrase it correctly. :?

I am talking about quoting individual lines, or parts of a post. I see many posts with 4 / 5 / 6 or more quotes taken out of the body of one post. And then there are some that show a normal quote field but have been extracted from a seperate post. :cheers:
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Nereus wrote: Sorry, maybe I did not phrase it correctly. :?
I see many posts with 4 / 5 / 6 or more quotes taken out of the body of one post.
I am talking about quoting individual lines, or parts of a post
And then there are some that show a normal quote field but have been extracted from a separate post.
Like this?
Start with a quote of the whole post, then use the quote button and cut & paste sentences from the main text. Delete what you don't want.
This is the way
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

OK, thanks D-M. I will have another aspirin and try that. :cheers:
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

... or just copy and paste only the section(s) of the post(s) you want to quote and then highlight each one individually (one at a time) and hit the "Quote" button at the top of the message controls...
that's
how
I
do
it!
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Thanks, hhf. Actually, it was one of your posts that prompted me to ask the question. :cheers:
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by redzonerocker »

hhfarang wrote:... or just copy and paste only the section(s) of the post(s) you want to quote and then highlight each one individually (one at a time) and hit the "Quote" button at the top of the message controls...
redzonerocker wrote:that's
hhfarang wrote:how
redzonerocker wrote:I
hhfarang wrote:do
redzonerocker wrote:it!
If you want to highlight who said what, just add their names in as you go making sure you use the = & the " in the correct places.
Use the preview feature before submitting so you can check it looks & reads how you want it to.
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Nereus,

I think you should be OK with what the others have said above. However, if you are still struggling, or need a little bit more, contact me by PM, and I'll put something together.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Big Boy wrote:Nereus,

I think you should be OK with what the others have said above. However, if you are still struggling, or need a little bit more, contact me by PM, and I'll put something together.
OK, thanks Big Boy. That should be enough for me, except that I do not quite follow redzonerockers last comment.

I don't believe it is just me though, as I see many "quotes" that do not follow the norm. :cheers:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

OK, no problem. I've got to go out to help at the local Karate Club in a few minutes. When I get back this afternoon, I'll put something together in which I will try to use many of the possible variations.

Points 48; Position 20
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Big Boy wrote:OK, no problem. I've got to go out to help at the local Karate Club in a few minutes.
:shock: Are you the chief intimidator? :rasta:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

The guide has been delivered in the sticky 'How to Use Quotes on Hua Hin Forum' thread. The thread has been locked. If I've missed anything out, please PM me (or any other Mod), and it will be added. Likewise, if when you try to use it, you find there's something wrong, let us know and we'll correct it.

Points 48; Position 20
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Good guidelines BB. :thumb: It also reminds me of a general complaint and head scratcher I have in that this day and age of high technology why aren't computers and programming able to accomplish multiple 'copies' at the same time? In other words, you copy...copy...copy and the system accumulates all and when you do a paste, it pastes all of them. You have to do as you say and open multiple sessions, or use the clipboard to accumulate copied text. Seems a simple thing to program, to me anyway. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source