Silly irritants

Help us improve the forum! Make a suggestion for the board or ask questions here. This area is also for forum announcements.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Silly irritants

Post by dtaai-maai »

I know it's a bit silly of me, but I don't understand why so many posters feel it necessary to quote an entire post whenever they want to make a simple response.

Poster A writes 8 paragraphs on whatever. Poster B then quotes the whole lot and says no more than "I agree". And an entire page has gone. :banghead:

1. Mods apologies if this is in the wrong place.
2. Anyone responding had better not quote me in full! :laugh:
This is the way
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Re: Silly irritants

Post by Pleng »

[quote="dtaai-maai"]I know it's a bit silly of me, but I don't understand why so many posters feel it necessary to quote an entire post whenever they want to make a simple response.

Poster A writes 8 paragraphs on whatever. Poster B then quotes the whole lot and says no more than "I agree". And an entire page has gone. :banghead:

My pet hate is when people stuff up the quotes
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I agree with DTM. Just take the applicable portion of the thread you want to comment on, or just use an upward arrow (^) to indicate you're talking about above. Rarely necessary to quote the entire previous post. You can do an entire quote then go in and delete everything that doesn't apply to your reply. I do that all the time. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

Pleng wrote:
dtaai-maai wrote:I know it's a bit silly of me, but I don't understand why so many posters feel it necessary to quote an entire post whenever they want to make a simple response.

My pet hate is when people stuff up the quotes
Agreed.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

^^Twerp! :laugh: :laugh:
This is the way
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

I agree with most of what has been said but you are in danger of scaring people off the forum if you expect ALL posters to be totally forum literate and also people post in various states. Late night when pissed, early morning when bleary eyed, angry or just plain over eager to put a point across without checking.

The so called super perfectionists that now seem to try and dominate the forum, assume ALL should be the same and will deter a lot of posters from posting their views.

Perhaps Admin and the mods will insist on new members not only reading the starter back but participate in a set of exams to ascertain whether they are suitable to join the elitist ranks of KIA's :duck: :duck:

I'm still piss poor at embedding utube items but I'll keep trying. No bullsh1t bully is going to push me back into my Pennine cave

On a positive note maybe in line with a starter pack a new pack advising 'best practise and how to do' should be generated and made easily available to all and sundry
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
buksida

Post by buksida »

richard wrote: Perhaps Admin and the mods will insist on new members not only reading the starter back but participate in a set of exams to ascertain whether they are suitable to join the elitist ranks of KIA's :duck: :duck:

On a positive note maybe in line with a starter pack a new pack advising 'best practise and how to do' should be generated and made easily available to all and sundry
No need for the facetiousness richard.

As to your second point, its just a piece of software, the instructions can be found here: faq.php

The problem is, as with most things, people don't bother to read the guides, rules and instructions because they are ... well ... people ... and not machines. :idea:
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson