Uploading photo here?

Help us improve the forum! Make a suggestion for the board or ask questions here. This area is also for forum announcements.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Re: Uploading photo here?

Post by 404cameljockey »

Big Boy wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:43 am I wrote the guide trying to be helpful. You are very welcome to devise your own solution.
There's no-one here more helpful than you.
I never use the online service - I found something much better, which I have advised, several times on this forum.
There are several threads on this topic, with lots of different info. Is it possible to make yours a sticky, if you recommend it (and it doesn't use shrinkpicture.com :) )?
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Small test. Below image was too large to post. Used Shrink Pictures using the Custom- 999- Best, choices. Looks forum quality to me. You lose some detail as the size is smaller compared to the original.

Second is the link to the original photo. Compare and decide for yourselves. :thumb: Pete :cheers:
phpLgw7yWPM.jpg

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/xT6UsQwZyy0/maxresdefault.jpg
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

I suspect that many who are into photography or just like to take lots of pic's use a hosting site which are widely available. You can then add the photo directly from the hosting site onto here, via the appropriate 'insert image' link above the post a reply box. Although some of these seem fraught with issues at the moment. I'll be buying my own shortly.

But postimages.org is a really simple free option to use. You have to sign up, which is easy and simple, then Just press the 'choose images' option which takes you to your photo folder, click on the photo you want to upload, when uploaded (takes a nano-second), click on the share option, which takes you to a menu, I use 'direct llink'. Click on that, it then tells you that your image has been copied, come back to the post box on here you are using, click on the 'insert image' icon and paste your pic between the two brackets that appear, or paste the link directly on here, highlight it and then click the 'insert image' icon and voila:

Talk is cheap
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

Big Boy wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:14 am I always use Faststone Photo Re-sizer, which can be downloaded free of charge. Very easy to use, but not an online program.
Yes me too for a lot of things, it's a very good program, but I like to post higher resolution if people may want to download the image to keep, so that's why I use an online hosting service. :)
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

Nereus wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:39 pm
No need to be snotty with your questions and exclamation marks. I'm fed up with being involved in snarky threads because people start in and I respond.
And there are many others apart from me that are "fed up" with your ramblings. Your need to read your own post where you posted:
The problem with this guide is that I don't know of any online program that lets you choose both pixel count and size in kb
I bothered to answer you and STILL you dispute it!
I see you have a problem, not with my post but with me. And that's your problem, not mine, for sure. You think you have the backing of 'many others' for your comments. Really?

You see, you still didn't understand my post, because you're seeing red as "it's cameljockey", right? *rolls eyes*

Shrinkpictures.com DOES NOT allow you to choose image size in kb, where can you type 200 kb? Show me please? I explained (I'll do it again, just for you) that it gives three vague quality settings, from none of which can you see how many kb the final picture will be.

Still rambling? Don't 'bother' to answer me next time you want to have a dig at me. Go boil your head....