What are the TV service options in Hua Hin.

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: What are the TV service options in Hua Hin.

Post by hhinner »

Seems a long time. I downloaded a 1 hour program and it took about 5 minutes and showed download speeds between 350 and 560 kBytes/sec. But I suppose football will require larger file sizes because of all the motion.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I gave up last night - the football was boring, so I switched off and went to bed. Turned on this morning, and the download continued at speeds 10x faster than last night.

I've just got to convince my friend that it works now.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

FFS :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: . I'm a great fan of Teatime TV, and use it regularly. I also know they've just delivered the new viewer, and are most likely having teething problems. Can somebody please confirm to me that I'm not going mad, and others are suffering the same frustrations i.e.:
  • It always fails to download parts 1 & 2 (sometimes part 3) of the programme guide.
  • I sat down to watch yesterday's soaps - nothing listed (related to parts 1 & 2 of the programme guide?)
  • I tried to download Teatime TV to my laptop connected to the TV using Chrome. I couldn't get past the message telling me to use a modern browser such as Chrome :? . I managed to download using Firefox.
Only minor niggles, but I've now got to download yesterday's TV, which makes Teatime TV an ornament.

So, is anybody else having better results with downloading or catch up TV?

Points 41; Position 18
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Big Boy wrote:FFS :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: . I'm a great fan of Teatime TV, and use it regularly. I also know they've just delivered the new viewer, and are most likely having teething problems. Can somebody please confirm to me that I'm not going mad, and others are suffering the same frustrations i.e.:
  • It always fails to download parts 1 & 2 (sometimes part 3) of the programme guide.
  • I sat down to watch yesterday's soaps - nothing listed (related to parts 1 & 2 of the programme guide?)
  • I tried to download Teatime TV to my laptop connected to the TV using Chrome. I couldn't get past the message telling me to use a modern browser such as Chrome :? . I managed to download using Firefox.
Only minor niggles, but I've now got to download yesterday's TV, which makes Teatime TV an ornament.

I can’t remember who posted it originally but following advice I’ve been using TVmucho that I’ve commented on a number of times including yesterday - the service works really well and it’s cheap at €48 a year and they even give you an unlimited one hour per day free to test it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Big Boy wrote:FFS :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: . I'm a great fan of Teatime TV, and use it regularly. I also know they've just delivered the new viewer, and are most likely having teething problems. Can somebody please confirm to me that I'm not going mad, and others are suffering the same frustrations i.e.:

Seems ok at the moment. I'm watching some bbc1 from last night.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

As an example then, can you tell me how to find last night's Eastenders please? I spent ages looking, but couldn't find it.

I have watched it now, but not via Teatime TV.

Points 41; Position 18
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

In Windows app just used 3 ways selecting from the left hand menu: Search, All channels, or Soaps.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (43.19 KiB) Viewed 381 times
Capture1.JPG
Capture1.JPG (96.37 KiB) Viewed 381 times
Capture2.JPG
Capture2.JPG (93.49 KiB) Viewed 381 times
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Hmm..... thank you. I tried all of them, but couldn't find it.

Looking back to the first bullet, does your TV Guide download correctly?

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, this is the problem:
error.png
error.png (5.63 KiB) Viewed 371 times
I've tried it a few times on several computers, and I got beyond that error once. On that occasion, everything worked fine. So the error seems to be at my end - damned annoying. Makes it virtually useless for me. :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

:dance: :dance: :dance: Sorted - re-set the Internet Router :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 41; Position 18
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Never seen that (in a whole day's usage). Might be worth reinstalling the player. I assume you're using at least win7. Have you tried the android app? You can't record, but you can watch catch up.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Oh. Good!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Thank you again, I couldn't have done it without somebody to bounce questions off.

Points 41; Position 18
buksida

Post by buksida »

So is this Teatime TV a free or paid service? If the latter how much and is it worth it? Getting fed up with Kodi streams not running over half the time.

Edit: just read the site, its paid, works out at 8,300 per year so not cheap. We dont watch that much TV and I can still get most things from torrents.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

buksida wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:43 am So is this Teatime TV a free or paid service? If the latter how much and is it worth it? Getting fed up with Kodi streams not running over half the time.

Edit: just read the site, its paid, works out at 8,300 per year so not cheap. We dont watch that much TV and I can still get most things from torrents.
As mentioned previously, TVMucho costs €48 a year which works out at about 1840 Baht, so not expensive and it has something close to 30 (mainly UK) channels with 7 day catchup. You can try it for free one hour per day before you buy!!