Windows Xp sp2

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
machersjohn

Windows Xp sp2

Post by machersjohn »

Hi i hope you can help. I recently upgraded to Xp sp2 but now find it does not recognise my audio set up. Is this the norm and how do i fix??

I am also in the process of renwing my line . I have a new line fromTT&T and my adsl connection is connecting at 256kbps. Unfortunately am not yet recognised by my isp JI-net but this should be sorted by Monday. My previous TOT line became hopeless in the October rains and my complaints went unanswered for weeks. Eventually they came and told me it was my computer which i know it was not. On TT&T i am connected at 50kbps on TOT i was down to 19kbps on a dialed up connection.

I checked the cost of the adsl and have been assured the mothly fee is the only cost after the cost of the modem which was 1200 baht
buksida

Windows XP SP2

Post by buksida »

Welcome to HHAD,

Microsoft published a list of hardware that was not compatible or caused problems with SP2, its possible that your audio device is one of these.
More info here

Firstly though I would try re-installing the drivers from the CD to see if this works. I have yet to upgrade to SP2 for these reasons, SP1 works fine and I already have a decent firewall.

It will take about a week before your ISP 'recognises' your account. I will also be getting the TT&T ADSL as am fed up with the shocking quality of TOT lines and service.

Let me know how your hardware problem goes.