VPN Recommendations

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
Trevtherev
Rookie
Rookie

Re: VPN Recommendations

Post by Trevtherev » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:16 am

Based upon the advice on this forum, signed up for nordVPN last week, using the 99 USD 3 year deal. Works like a dream on PC, apple and android devices with the streaming of World Cup from UK working well without so much as single drop off or freeze up.

Great forum, great advice.

PeteC

Post by PeteC » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:27 pm

Which one did you finally get Buks? I've been using Express for a few years now but as is noted, they are the most expensive with probably performance on a par with some of the less expensive options. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source

buksida

Post by buksida » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:21 pm

PIA, $70 for two years.

No problems with it so far, can use it on 5 different devices and they have a whole range of countries to connect to. Haven't even noticed a drop in speed when downloading or streaming.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson

StevePIraq
Legend
Legend

Post by StevePIraq » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:55 am

I use a VPN 90% of the time, except for the odd occasion I can't access a site, however I have a question.
Using a VPN is supposed to mask your location, my location is set as UK, so why sometimes when I open Gmail or MSN the Thai version comes up, also with MSN I get Thai video adverts.

I have my location set as UK, clear my cache and history every time I log off. The only thing I have related to Thailand is my clock.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali

taffinexile

Post by taffinexile » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:49 pm

Because I use IPTV apps to access Sky and BT Sports in uk I’ve stated using Nord. Got the 3year deal for $99 . Haven’t run into any problems yet
In my time of dying all want for you to do is take my body home..... so I can die easy