TT&T ADSL

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
Mart

TT&T ADSL

Post by Mart »

Hi,
I have to add to the general consensus that TT&T's ADSL service is terrible. I'm staying at a friends house and she has had TT&T maxnet 512/256 for about two weeks. The first day I connected I got about 350kbp, below is what I've been getting since day two. This is from today.
56 kbps ISDN
64.1kbp YOU
128 kbps ISDN
384 kbps DSL
768 kbps DSL
1000 kbps DSL
1500 kbps DSL/T1/Cable Modem

64.1kbp is NOT ADSL SPEED!

It's a rip off.

Mart
[/b]
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

Mart

Post by Mart »

Yeah I know, but the connection was already there a few days before I arrived. I was the first to bring a computer and use it. When I get my own place I will definately not be getting anything from TT&T...

Mart
buksida

Post by buksida »

Mart wrote:I will definately not be getting anything from TT&T...
Oh yes, absolutely right on with that one.

I've had the router they supplied me replaced FOUR times and its still playing up.

:cuss:
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Norseman »

I'm sorry to say, but I also have a TT&T 512 kbs line, called DSL-Compax.
The cost is 2621 B/month.

I would not say that I'm impressed by the speed which averages some 450 kbs when a lot of traffic goes on, but I have not the same problems as mentioned earlier by Mart and buksi.

I would say that it all is a matter of how much you are willing to pay for your internet connection.

I must admit that I also have made a number of calls to bangers head office and complained about the speed, but I am fairly satisfied with my line now.
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Oh this is rich, excuse of the year this one.

Took the fourth failed router in today and their answer was "you work too hard, use internet too much".

I agree that the hardware should be fitting for the job but selling something that only goes online for an hour a day before frying is stupid.

Norseman, what you say is spot on, the more expensive packages have limited subscribers so you will get closer to the advertised speed. I currently have a CAT 2,048 line which is not bad (its not good either) but its far better than Maxnet which in my opinion is a total waste of space.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Mart

Post by Mart »

The whole point of ADSL when it became available to the masses, was that it enabled you to be always online - accessed 24/7 for as long as you wanted. OK some packages have limits on downloads, but for general surfing, emails etc, doing it on ADSL should be no problem. It took me 5 mins to get the HHAD website up just now!
Also, telling you that your hardware is broken because you spend too much time using it, is like a car maker (or more like a dodgy second hand dealer) saying that your car has packed in after a few weeks because you drive it too much.

Mart
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

I've posted on this before, but I've got the basic 500 per month ADSL package from TOT and I've really got nothing bad to say about it after some 4 months.
It's quick enough for me and always there, even at peak times.
Maybe I'm just happy with speeds that others aren't, but it takes me a minute or so to check my emails and internet banking. Previously, on dial up, it was taking up to 30 mins.
So far, I'm a happy surfer :D
Mart

Post by Mart »

Maybe TOT is the one for me when I get my place sorted....

Sorry it took so long to reply, but.........

Mart