3BB internet speed and problems

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
Big Boy

Re: 3BB Internet Speed

Post by Big Boy »

prcscct wrote:^ I get bombarded with TRUE adverts on our True TV, and ticker announcements of the outages for maintenance around the country. Each one reads "maintenance to our fiber optic cable network...." I'm assuming if they use fiber optic as an option to satellite dish in some areas, and their internet runs on the same lines. Pete :cheers:
I've got their satellite dish for TV, and something that I thought was fibre (no longer sure) for the Internet.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Navigating TRUE's website is an adventure as things all over the place, and most in Thai. Anyway, found the below about fiber internet. I had thought they were running TV on fiber also based on those maintenance announcements I mentioned above. Maybe in some places they are....?

http://trueonline.truecorp.co.th/produc ... entry/2265
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Big Boy wrote:
Pleng wrote:You sure it's fibre optic and not the DOCIS/Cable (TV) service?
No, I'm not sure. However, when they were flood wiring the area, everybody was talking fibre - I even posted some pictures at the time because I was amazed they didn't have to physically join the wires - still haven't and mine works fine.
Hi BB, What do you mean "didn't have to physically join the wires"? I can't get my head around that. :?

BTW when True cabled our Soi (Smor Phrong) last year I'm pretty sure it was Docsis as they were touting TV as well as internet. I think there were also reports of them leaving bloody great holes in walls after installation. That put me off. What sort of job did they do at your house?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

hhinner wrote:Hi BB, What do you mean "didn't have to physically join the wires"? I can't get my head around that. :?
They literally laid one on top of the other, and clamped them together. Don't knock it, it works.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

prcscct wrote:^ I get bombarded with TRUE adverts on our True TV, and ticker announcements of the outages for maintenance around the country. Each one reads "maintenance to our fiber optic cable network...." I'm assuming if they use fiber optic as an option to satellite dish in some areas, and their internet runs on the same lines. Pete :cheers:
They have a fibre optic network, but they also have a DOCIS service. It's easy to tell the two apart because the DOCIS package comes with free Cable TV
Big Boy wrote: I've got their satellite dish for TV, and something that I thought was fibre (no longer sure) for the Internet.
Sounds like fibre then, though I'm surprised they have fibre internet in areas that they can't even supply cable TV to.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Big Boy wrote:
hhinner wrote:Hi BB, What do you mean "didn't have to physically join the wires"? I can't get my head around that. :?
They literally laid one on top of the other, and clamped them together. Don't knock it, it works.
Sounds strange. Got a picture?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

There was a photo on page 5 of this thread viewtopic.php?f=15&t=21320 . Of course, that was before I'd moved from the dark side :D

Points 48; Position 18
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Hmm. Not a very clear photo. The docsis cables in our soi are rather thick sheathed cables and are attached to support cables which support the data cable weight and it seems to me that the clamp in the picture might be on the support cable rather than on the actual data cable.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Sorry, but I'm not getting on a ladder to get a better one :D

Points 48; Position 18
musungu
Professional
Professional

3BB Fibre Optic

Post by musungu »

Can any users of this type of internet connection say how satisfied or otherwise they are?

I am in Hin Lek Fai and wonder if this area is good, because I remember late last year that there were a number of complaints about the speed etc - so a 9 months on things may have go better.
Prior Planning & Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.
Stratoko
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Stratoko »

I'm down soi 94 and I've recently (2 months) installed their fiber optic package. I have no complaints whatsoever, the line hasn't gone down once since I've got it, and the speed is good and from what I've noticed it doesn't seem to waver that much
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

I'm at the end of 94 very near Hin Lek Fai and though it variable, frequently the speeds are horrible and there are frequent outages lately. I'm thinking of switching to True.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
musungu
Professional
Professional

Re: 3BB Fibre Optic

Post by musungu »

musungu wrote:Can any users of this type of internet connection say how satisfied or otherwise they are?

I am in Hin Lek Fai and wonder if this area is good, because I remember late last year that there were a number of complaints about the speed etc - so a 9 months on things may have go better.

THIS POST WAS SPECIFICALLY ABOUT ''3BB FIBRE OPTIC'' AND HAS BEEN NOW ENTERED IN ''3BB INTERNET SPEED'' - THAT WAS NOT MY INTENTION AND SO THE ANSWERS WITH THE EXCEPTION OF 2 ARE IRRELEVANT TO THE QUESTION - THANK YOU MOD FOR MAKING THIS CHANGE!!!

[Mod Comment] If you check this thread, you will find it answers your question many times.
musungu
Professional
Professional

Post by musungu »

Stratoko wrote:I'm down soi 94 and I've recently (2 months) installed their fiber optic package. I have no complaints whatsoever, the line hasn't gone down once since I've got it, and the speed is good and from what I've noticed it doesn't seem to waver that much
What speeds are you getting?
musungu
Professional
Professional

Re: 3BB Fibre Optic

Post by musungu »

musungu wrote:
musungu wrote:Can any users of this type of internet connection say how satisfied or otherwise they are?

THIS POST WAS SPECIFICALLY ABOUT ''3BB FIBRE OPTIC'' AND HAS BEEN NOW ENTERED IN ''3BB INTERNET SPEED'' - THAT WAS NOT MY INTENTION AND SO THE ANSWERS WITH THE EXCEPTION OF 2 ARE IRRELEVANT TO THE QUESTION - THANK YOU MOD FOR MAKING THIS CHANGE!!!

[Mod Comment] If you check this thread, you will find it answers your question many times.
Well I have gone back about 5 pages (4 weeks) and see two mentions of 3BB Fibre Optic connections, one of which was direct to my question. There were a great number about TRUE which is why I raised the question.