3BB internet speed and problems

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
Stratoko
Rookie
Rookie

Re: 3BB Internet Speed

Post by Stratoko »

musungu wrote:
Stratoko wrote:I'm down soi 94 and I've recently (2 months) installed their fiber optic package. I have no complaints whatsoever, the line hasn't gone down once since I've got it, and the speed is good and from what I've noticed it doesn't seem to waver that much
What speeds are you getting?
Attachments
Speed test.jpg
Speed test.jpg (48.7 KiB) Viewed 835 times
Ralfredo
Professional
Professional

Re: TRUE Internet

Post by Ralfredo »

Billy Joe I wrote:The office we usually use for 3BB is on Phetkasem Road between Soi 102 and Soi 94. There is also one in Market Village but usually they are not much help unless you're paying your bill.
Do you need some kind of a gold card to get that service? When I tried to pay the bill in MV, they sent me to then "main office" on Phetkasem Road... :o
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

^ We always pay our 3bb bill at the desk in MV. No gold card. Just the bill, or even just your name and address (as on the account).
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Billy Joe I wrote:The office we usually use for 3BB is on Phetkasem Road between Soi 102 and Soi 94. There is also one in Market Village but usually they are not much help unless you're paying your bill.
That office has closed AFAIK.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

My download speed (on my 10 Mbps 3BB package) has been hurtling along at 5-6 Mbps this morning, though it is now hovering around the 1 mark.

I'd eat Big Boy's left leg for this performance...
Speed test.jpg
Speed test.jpg (48.7 KiB) Viewed 684 times
This is the way
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

DM I have the same package and just tested using 3BB's own speedtest and the one you show by ookla.

3BB is 11.44 and Ookla 11.95.

And I haven't had any outages over the last few days of bad weather. :neener:
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Pagey wrote:DM I have the same package and just tested using 3BB's own speedtest and the one you show by ookla.

You are very fortunate, as I'm with 3BB and the service has been off for about 80% over the past two days - better today, butstillgoing off at regular intervals 8)
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Dannie, do you ever re boot your router when service is 'out' ?

I had a new router from 3BB about 3 or 4 months ago and now I find when I turn my laptop on in the morning it rarely connects automatically to the internet. It connects but shows local only. So I have to turn the router off then back on and it connects immediately and stays that way all day. And due to the rain I've hardly been out so been on the laptop or watching TV via set top box using internet most of day and night.

I live Soi 94 if that makes any difference ?
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Pagey wrote:Dannie, do you ever re boot your router when service is 'out' ?

I had a new router from 3BB about 3 or 4 months ago and now I find when I turn my laptop on in the morning it rarely connects automatically to the internet. It connects but shows local only. So I have to turn the router off then back on and it connects immediately and stays that way all day. And due to the rain I've hardly been out so been on the laptop or watching TV via set top box using internet most of day and night.

I live Soi 94 if that makes any difference ?
It's been turned off/on about 10 times in the last two days and whilst it seems to help sometimes, at others it has had no impact. My wife called 3BB yesterday and although the woman promised to call back, we heard nothing. I'm hoping that with the reduced rainfall, the availability will improve. :cheers:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Its that sort of service that made me dump them. Funnily enough, the day I told them I had moved to True, they turned up at the house several times to fix my service :?

Points 48; Position 20
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

Pagey wrote:DM I have the same package and just tested using 3BB's own speedtest and the one you show by ookla.

Same with me on Nong Plub Rd 1 minute ago speed with 3BB was 11.44 ( basic package )m and no problems at all over this rainy period
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

I'm delighted for you both. I'd chew off both of BB's legs for that level of performance... :banghead:
This is the way
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

:shock:

Points 48; Position 20
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

dtaai-maai wrote:I'm delighted for you both. I'd chew off both of BB's legs for that level of performance... :banghead:
Blimey, you must have one hell of an appetite :laugh:
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

I don't want to jinx this, but after weeks of Stone Age download speeds (under 1 mb/s), my 10 mb/s 3BB package has been hurtling along at breakneck speed over the last few days, and occasionally even giving me more than what I pay for.

To be honest, I didn't really realise how bad it was until it got good - if you see what I mean.

I was on the verge of giving up on 3BB altogether, but I'm hoping that won't be necessary now. <fingers crossed>
This is the way