Windows 9

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Re: Windows 9

Post by Nereus »

More confusion: :?
Microsoft gives Windows 10 preview

http://www.bangkokpost.com/tech/compute ... 10-preview

Microsoft on Tuesday offered its first glimpse of its Windows 10 software that it hopes delivers a winning formula for powering tablets and smartphones, along with laptops and desktop computers.

The US software colossus focused on its core business market while unveiling an "early technical preview" of next-generation Windows software slated for release next year.

Microsoft executives said the naming decision to skip right from Windows 8 to Windows 10 was intended to reflect that the new software will be a big leap and not a small step.

While pulling back the curtain on an early technical build of Windows 10, Microsoft heralded the operating system as a blend of what was best in the previous two generations.

"This is what Windows 8 should have been," analyst Rob Enderle of Enderle Group in Silicon Valley said after attending the unveiling event in San Francisco.

...........................> more
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Windows 10 preview:

http://windowssecrets.com/special-repor ... w-windows/
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

I guess this thread title should be changed to Windows 10 now! Anyway, if you want to try it out...

"How to install Windows 10 Technical Preview as a virtual machine"

http://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-insta ... l-machine/
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

Nereus wrote:Microsoft executives said the naming decision to skip right from Windows 8 to Windows 10 was intended to reflect that the new software will be a big leap and not a small step.
Tech sites say the reason is so poorly designed existing code in programs all over the planet won't confuse Win 9 with Win 95 or 98.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Some more on what is to come with Windows "10":

http://windowssecrets.com/newsletter/wh ... uild-9926/
huahinfoodie
Novice
Novice

Post by huahinfoodie »

hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

And I can't wait for Windows 10. I finally broke down and bought a really good laptop after moving and it came with Windows 8.1 and that is truly a horrible operating system. I bought a really high end ultra book and they (Dell) gave me a free tablet with it also with W 8.1 and they are both nearly useless because of the OS. They tried to build an OS for both touch and non touch screens and it doesn't work well for either. So I have an $1100 ultra book, a $200 Windows tablet, and a Windows 7 netbook and guess what I'm using... my old Ubuntu desktop system, because it is better, faster, easier to navigate, and more reliable (with absolutely no virus protection or clean-up programs to run ever).
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

What exactly is the issue you're having with 8.1??? It works just fine in desktop mode; the interface is pretty much identical to Win 7 in that mode. And it works fine on a laptop for me, too.

I don't think a big revamp of the desktop is part of Windows 10, anyway...