Mobile phone registration

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Mobile phone registration

Post by richard »

^^ In English?
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

richard wrote:^^ In English?
If you're referring to the text message and assuming it's the same as I received, it's in Thai and says you have until 31 July to register.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

All my text messages from AIS are in English and have been for all the years I've been here. It was activated by AIS many years ago by a simple phone call.
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

negative. my text was in thai. i translated it.
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Mobile owners: Register it or lose it

Prepaid mobile phone customers must register their personal information with the National Broadcasting and Telecommunication Commission (NBTC), under a proposal approved by cabinet Wednesday.

Deputy government spokesman Maj Gen Sansern Kaewkamnerd said cabinet had agreed in principle to NBTC’s scheme to order customers to register with the NBTC for security reasons.

Customers are required to register within six months of the measure being approved, or they will no longer be able to use mobile services.

The NBTC launched a registration programme under a national telecom regulator circular on Feb 1. So far, about 1.4 million users have registered.

The cabinet also has agreed to let the NBTC track the telephone usage of prepaid customers if they fail to register, he said.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general ... or-lose-it
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

went to the top floor at market village, asked at one of the small shops about the registration and very helpfully and knowledgeable about it they checked my phone and sent me to DTAC where they were very pleasant, spoke good english and it took only a few minutes to register 2 phones
J.J.B.
Guru
Guru

Post by J.J.B. »

^^ +1 at the AIS store.
"A man who does not think for himself, does not think at all."
Wilde
buksida

Post by buksida »

Did it today at our local AIS store, she punched a code into my phone, took a photo of my passport and sent it off somewhere. Time taken: 30 seconds.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
dundrillin
Guru
Guru

Post by dundrillin »

buksida wrote:Did it today at our local AIS store, she punched a code into my phone, took a photo of my passport and sent it off somewhere. Time taken: 30 seconds.
I had the same experience today with True at MV. Very helpful
Sabai Sabai
Professional
Professional

Post by Sabai Sabai »

Giving this thread a bump for anyone(like me :oops: ) who hasn't registered their mobile yet.

Deadline is today.
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

20 million so far not registered.

remember all of a SIM card's previous nefarious activity will be retroactively assigned to the owners name.
and a huge matrix of previously unidentified individuals will be linked to god knows what communications.

so i am not surprised that people are walking away from their old SIM cards in this country.
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

What on earth have you been getting up to with your SIM card that makes you so worried???
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

http://www.bangkokpost.com/business/tel ... stragglers

You can check to find out if your registration was successful: call, *151#
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Nereus wrote:http://www.bangkokpost.com/business/tel ... stragglers

You can check to find out if your registration was successful: call, *151#
That was a useful reminder- I just checked and was advised my sim was not registered, even though my wife and I did ours at the same shop at the same time and hers is registered - TIT!!
dozer
Ace
Ace

Post by dozer »

This is probably too late, but if you are not in Thailand, you can get someone else to register for you, just take a photo of the SIM card and the person at the other end can secure registration.
Atheists have no need of a god. Our lives are not based on fear or guilt. We are moral because we know it's right.

Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity. R J Hanlon