Khao Noi - Roowamsook who is best internet provider

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Khao Noi - Roowamsook who is best internet provider

Post by Gregjam »

I have had TOT for a few years now and have got fed up with the speed slowing to a crawl at weekends or just stopping. Lately this also occurring mid week which may be due to the weather. It is time to change to something better but I know that the speed varies depending on your location and distance from the exchange hence specifically mentioning Roowamsook. I realise that it will be either True or 3BB but would like to ask for anyone's experiences in this area of late specifically in regard to weekend connection speed and reliability. I live not far from the Suphamitra Hotel as a guideline.

I have asked a few locals and 3BB seems to be getting the vote but that was a general comment and did not relate specifically to cable or fibre optic. Ultimately I will have to visit the respective offices but would like to go in armed with a bit of information from unbiased sources. I do stream video so need a decent connection speed.

Thanks
Big Boy

Re: Khao Noi - Roowamsook who is best internet provider

Post by Big Boy »

Gregjam wrote:I realise that it will be either True or 3BB
Not necessarily. I know lomu had similar problems, and upgraded his TOT package. Last time I spoke to him, he was well pleased with the result.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Yes, I have a 12 meg connection which usually works at 7+ to America and the UK. I know that I could get a lot more but that works for my needs. It's a pretty stable connection but then I'm pretty central to town which I believe makes a difference.
Sundays are usually the only day that I seem to get a slow connection.
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Post by Gregjam »

I will look into that. At the moment even the phone line has a lot of background noise which makes me think the TOT exchange is in a puddle.
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Post by Gregjam »

Asking around I get positive responses about 3BB, negative about TOT and nothing about True. I believe in using sound data before acting so will check things out and report back.
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Post by Gregjam »

As our local TOT man has been very helpful and will be round pretty quickly whenever we call I am giving them a chance and getting the service upgraded to 15 Mbps. At least they were honest and said that I could not get their 20 Mbps speed here. He also said that fiber optic is due in this area next month so allowing for the manana factor if the new speed is better I will look to upgrade to fiber optic when it arrives. I was also given a new router, this time with twin antennae.
I am skeptical of what will happen but very wary of changing to an unknown service quality.