Buying online from Lazada

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Buying online from Lazada

Post by Homer »

There may be no evidence for it, but I've long believed ordering on a Tuesday of a normal work week had the best chance of an error-free order fulfillment.
Farang
Ace
Ace

Post by Farang »

Homer wrote:
Farang wrote:I am in the middle of dispute with Lazada. I ordered a phone, paid COD and next day realized they had sent a wrong charger for it.
Im surprised there are phone manufacturers who don't ship phone, charger, cables, etc., in a single box.
They did send it all in a single box. However, the charger in that single box was wrong one.
"There's no plausible or convincing reason, certainly no evidential one, to believe that there is such an entity (= deity) and that all observable phenomena, including the cosmological ones... are explicable without the hypothesis; you don't need the assumption."
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

on the balance of all the replies, it appears that shopping with Lazada is not a particularly enjoyable experience - certainly if you can find what you want locally, then it seems better to buy direct from a shop where it is much easier to deal with any shortfalls in expectations........although I know that even that can be a bit of a challenge at times!!
HHCanuck
Professional
Professional

Post by HHCanuck »

I have purchased many items from them without issue however I would never purchase anything expensive. They have many interesting items that you can't find in HH or major malls in Bangkok because they are from specialty shops like my Death Star ice cube molds "May the force be with you".
Farang
Ace
Ace

Post by Farang »

So far AliExpress has been a much more reliable and much cheaper merchant that Lazada has shown itself to be.

I requested from Lazada info as to who is their managing director / legal representative in order to sue them, but so far no reply.

The saga continues, I'll keep you posted and once this whole deal is over, I'll get the facts together and publish it as widely as possible.
"There's no plausible or convincing reason, certainly no evidential one, to believe that there is such an entity (= deity) and that all observable phenomena, including the cosmological ones... are explicable without the hypothesis; you don't need the assumption."
robcar
Professional
Professional

Post by robcar »

Up until this current episode all has been good service, even a returned broken cycle mirror was refunded without an issue.

The current issue that I have is only since they have started using Thai Post to deliver Cash On Delivery items. I will still continue to use them, the delivery service through Kerry Couriers is first class.

I will try to add a note next time I order for them 'NOT' to use Thai Post.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've just had an interesting delivery today.

I purchased something from China, and paid the requested 1,007 Baht. When the item arrived today, the postman demanded 7 Baht - no idea what it was for. Maybe customs?
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Big Boy wrote:I've just had an interesting delivery today.

I purchased something from China, and paid the requested 1,007 Baht. When the item arrived today, the postman demanded 7 Baht - no idea what it was for. Maybe customs?
I have had that happen several times at my Condo in Bangkok. Never have been able to find out what it is for.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

Nereus wrote:
Big Boy wrote:I've just had an interesting delivery today.

I have had that happen several times at my Condo in Bangkok. Never have been able to find out what it is for.
I order a lot from Aliexpress as it's one of the only ways that i can buy some of the tooling for my workshop. A lot of the items arrive by China Post or China Air parcel post. I often get the same 7 Baht charge but on some occasions there is no charge. I have asked my staff and no one can provisde an answer except that perhaps its a substitute for VAT and Duty on small "Gift Items" :D
When i have received items via China Post I have never been charged VAT or Duty even though some of the items are quite expensive they also when tracked seem to go through a special customs area at Laksi .....
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Buying online from Lazada

Post by hhinner »

I often wondered why sometimes it's charged and other times not. According to an explanation I saw from a post office official on a Thai language forum, it's a service charge on small parcels, from overseas, which weigh more than 500 grams.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

^^ The 7 baht, that is.
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

hhinner wrote:I often wondered why sometimes it's charged and other times not. According to an explanation I saw from a post office official on a Thai language forum, it's a service charge on small parcels, from overseas, which weigh more than 500 grams.
You could be right but for certain my 7 Baht charges have been far more random irrespective of weight. I leave a small pot on my desk containing small coins and our office maid takes the money when it's needed and mumbles to me that she doesn't understand why this parcel and not the other... Never mind it's only 7 baht. I treat it as one more of life's mysteries.
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

Farang wrote: I requested from Lazada info as to who is their managing director / legal representative in order to sue them, but so far no reply.

The saga continues, I'll keep you posted and once this whole deal is over, I'll get the facts together and publish it as widely as possible.
Farang. Unless you really have nothing else to do with your time, I'd highly suggest not pursuing this. I can't see it achieving anything other than perhaps an increase to your blood pressure! A USB charger can be found pretty much anywhere for a couple of hundred baht.

In relation to the 7bt charge; I seem to recall hearing somehwere that it's a charge for customs inspection/clearance. ie they've established it's from overseas, have had to "investigate" but have decided not to apply any tax to it. I could be totally wrong, of course.
Farang
Ace
Ace

Post by Farang »

Pleng wrote:
Farang wrote: I requested from Lazada info as to who is their managing director / legal representative in order to sue them, but so far no reply.

Farang. Unless you really have nothing else to do with your time, I'd highly suggest not pursuing this. I can't see it achieving anything other than perhaps an increase to your blood pressure! A USB charger can be found pretty much anywhere for a couple of hundred baht.

In relation to the 7bt charge; I seem to recall hearing somehwere that it's a charge for customs inspection/clearance. ie they've established it's from overseas, have had to "investigate" but have decided not to apply any tax to it. I could be totally wrong, of course.
Thank you for your very sensible suggestion, but the charger is not actually the matter here. The real gist of the matter is that Lazada promises, delays, does not reply, sends wrong stuff, does not reply, asks me to return the thing then refuses to acknowledge the return and now does not reply to my letters. So Lazada morals and behavior is the crux of the matter as it now stands.

Actually I find this whole deal rather interesting. I once made the hard-ball, one-way-pockets Air Asia pay me back what they did owe me, now I am not going to let Lazada get away with behavior that Istanbul bazaar merchant would be ashamed of.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

Ok. Have fun with that then! :)