Data plan with no expiry date?

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Data plan with no expiry date?

Post by thecolonel »

Can you buy a data plan here and take as long as you like to use it? My provider TRU has a time limit on every package so they tell me. I just want to buy say 500 mb and take as long as I like to use it. I have dual sim phone so could use tru for calls and another one for data but I will happily switch to another provider to get what I want.(but ideally retain number and credit whilst returning 7 months in UK)

I currently pay 199 plus tax for 1.5gb 1 month expiry, but I only use 200 mb tops
Not going to break me I know... but I like to beat the system! who is the money saving expert for phones in this town?!

Sent from my CUBOT_NOTE_S using Tapatalk
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Data plan with no expiry date?

Post by hhinner »

I think that 199 baht per month data is as good as you'll likely get prepaid. As for extending the validity and keeping credit on your SIM you can do that at a cost of 2 baht per month extended. See: http://help.mobiletopup.com/knowledge-b ... of-my-sim/
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

If it's best or near best that'll do for me! Thanks for link, will take note but purely FYI... when I went back UK last april '16 my tru number (and credit) were already valid until Feb 17, which suited me fine. Not sure if that was automatic or perhaps I asked them, I can't recall. Maybe your link refers to a new policy...

Sent from my CUBOT_NOTE_S using Tapatalk
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Possibly also depends on how much you top up. Just need to check validity before wasting money on validity extension.