Looking for an alternative to True

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
Don East Stand
Professional
Professional

Re: Looking for an alternative to True

Post by Don East Stand »

Mods .. Please feel free to start a new thread if appropriate.

I see people are discussing Teatime TV and how it's good for UK TV programmes...... Perhaps a silly question, but how do I get it? Is there a website or a link that will help me?

HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Web: teatimetv.to - No Android or iOS app.
Don't think it's related to HHTel post above, but could be wrong.
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Tea TV is a separate service to Teatime TV. My mistake but worth a look. It's free!
Don East Stand
Professional
Professional

Post by Don East Stand »

Thanks for the replies, The teatimetv.to works pretty good on my laptop, but it doesn't on my smart tv! It loads up the schedules but won't let me watch any programmes. A message indicates that the "file" I'm trying to load is too big?

Any ideas how I can watch on my smart tv?

Thanks again :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

HHTel wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:16 pm That's really strange. The four friends I have are saying quite the opposite and a 5th is about to go back on it based on people he knows!!
I find this so hilarious, I've just got to share. I still have friends battling to get HD Prime working. Here is a message I've just received:
Just had a guy from HDPrime remotely accessing my system. He said that what I have is 1000 x times better than what they can provide - which I knew already - and ran a diagnostic check and then LEFT A MESSAGE SAYING TO GO WITH BEiN SPORT AT LEAST FOR THE FOOTBALL CHANNELS and then logged out. WTF!!
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
zingerhk
Amateur
Amateur

Re: RE: Re: Looking for an alternative to True

Post by zingerhk »

Big Boy wrote:I guess we'll have to declare it a draw.

Mrs BB went into battle this morning, complete with boxing gloves and body armour :D

Her opening gambit was a non-starter - they insisted that the minus figure did not represent an over-payment. The bill, and more importantly 'the computer' said we had to pay. Mrs BB said she didn't.

Fortunately, she was talking to one of the more intelligent assistants. It was explained (with receipts shown) that we had cleared the outstanding bill, despite it including services I wasn't subscribed to. I'd paid their ransom to have everything uninstalled, even though my dog could have uninstalled better. We had receipts for the equipment they'd collected etc. Everything checked out, and the bill was cleared. We should receive confirmation in the post - we've already had a blue moon :twisted:

She asked if they'd be back to complete the uninstall, and was told maybe. I'll give it until April, and complete the uninstall myself.

Hopefully, I've at last escaped their clutches :dance:
Just curious. What would they do f you just ignored them and paid nothing. Would they bother to try and collect??

Sent from my MI 5s Plus using Tapatalk

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Why would they overcharge me me and even when I prove I'm being overcharged, insist I still have to pay? Nothing is logical with these guys.

Answer is simple, because the computer said so. Many of the modern generation seem incapable of thinking for themselves.

I don't know if they would try to collect, but I am in a foreign land. I don't want to be in perceived debt to anybody, and certainly don't want to risk being blacklisted. If it can be resolved, that would always be my preference.

Points 41; Position 18
zingerhk
Amateur
Amateur

Re: RE: Re: Looking for an alternative to True

Post by zingerhk »

Big Boy wrote:Why would they overcharge me me and even when I prove I'm being overcharged, insist I still have to pay? Nothing is logical with these guys.

Answer is simple, because the computer said so. Many of the modern generation seem incapable of thinking for themselves.

I don't know if they would try to collect, but I am in a foreign land. I don't want to be in perceived debt to anybody, and certainly don't want to risk being blacklisted. If it can be resolved, that would always be my preference.
Fair enough. I had similar problem with 3BB and refused to pay again, eventually they gave up.

Sent from my MI 5s Plus using Tapatalk

hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

I wonder if True Visions has better security than True Move H, which has been keeping customers' details in unsecured, publicly accessible storage.
https://www.khaosod.co.th/special-stories/news_963309 -- in Thai.
Original blog post: https://www.certsandprogs.com/2018/04/a ... z5CXkf6GxS
Michaelpum
Rookie
Rookie

Looking for an alternative to True

Post by Michaelpum »

are you saying you are looking for a internet provider that uses a modem/router that also has built in wifi for your home?

i have True internet with a Cisco cable modem/wifi router supplied by True.

speed tested just now is 18.04 MBPS to BKK and 6.74 MBPS to Los Angeles CA.

I live 4.5 km due South of downtown Hua Hin.

True is on the top floor of Market Village.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

The thread is about alternatives to True that will give good TV coverage without the hassle of having to deal with True as a company which has it's problems.
I notice Michaelpum that your speeds seem very slow.
I have 3BB (admitted it's fibre) and I get speeds of 130+ Mbps. Even switching to Los Angeles it drops to between 70 and 80 Mbps.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, True was a tad slow compared with my new provider, but speed was never an issue. At the end of the day I'm not in that much of a hurry that I can't wait 1 or 2 minutes longer for my download.

My issues were customer service, and the fact despite proving otherwise, their computer was always right.

I had no problem whatsoever with the product they provided.

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I started this thread because of bad service from True.

Credit, where credit is due today. I had to go back into True with a totally unrelated enquiry. I deliberately chose the Bluport Store because I still cringe walking past their MV store. I was really impressed by the young lady who dealt with my enquiry. She was very knowledgeable, and when she didn't know, she phoned their central help desk. She must have given me well over 30 minutes of her time, and must rank amongst the most helpful desk clerks I've encountered in Thailand.

Points 41; Position 18