Thai tech readiness shows little improvement

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
buksida

Thai tech readiness shows little improvement

Post by buksida »

Thailand's technological readiness ranks 49th out of 82 countries for 2018-22, a middling performance owing to a lack of intensive research and domestic innovation, says the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU).

Compared with the previous ranking of 2013-17, when the country ranked 50th out of 81 countries, the latest showing is scarcely an improvement.

John Marrett, an analyst at the EIU, said in an email interview that Thailand's rank is relatively low because the state lacks research infrastructure in terms of publicly funded institutions and initiatives.

The level of commercially viable innovation, reflected in domestic patents, is also comparatively low, he said.

For technological readiness overall, Thailand punches just above its slightly less-developed Asean neighbours such as the Philippines (55th), Vietnam (65th) and Indonesia (67th). It also lags behind Malaysia (27th), which has higher per capita income.

Source: https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/ne ... mprovement

No surprise really when they'd rather spend money on ageing submarines and crusty Russian warplanes.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Re: Thai tech readiness shows little improvement

Post by handdrummer »

This is truly the land of everything done backwards. I see very little hope, and I'm being generous, for Thailand. I suppose being the world's number one dumping ground for electronic trash is an achievement.
What a sad state of affairs. Keep 'em barefoot and pregnant.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Why develop your own when you can just copy like they do in Thai schools
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Tech readiness my ass, they can't even get the immigration web site to work, can you imagine if they tried to develop something complex.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali