Locations that serve a "good" Amercian / English breakfast.

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
Big Boy

Re: Locations that serve a "good" Amercian / English breakfast.

Post by Big Boy »

I thought as centermid7 was posting about Jenny's Cafe, and it's the only establishment mentioned in the post that you quoted, you actually meant Jenny's Cafe. Agreed, 'this place' does infer Kanchana's CaFe, but an easy mistake to make, especially as it was only 4 to 5 weeks since you required your oil change. :D

I've just read through the thread again, and I don't think you were referring to either establishment - your oil change was after Pat's Place.

So, the answer to your question is, "No."
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Pat's place was where I needed an oil change after breakfast! My house is leased out so when in Hua Hin I stay at the Hua Hin Terminal. There are a couple of places in front of the Terminal, most of them pretty basic, and although I cannot recall the name, I believe it was Jenny's Café where I had a coffee. Remarkable for one thing to see whom I assume is the owner, telling me that her teenage daughter runs the place. :cheers:

Never been to this place: Kanchana's Café
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Next time we have a breakfast adventure, we'll give Jenny's Cafe a go. If it's plastic sausages, we'll only try it once :D

Points 51; Position 21
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Big Boy wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:05 pm Next time we have a breakfast adventure, we'll give Jenny's Cafe a go. If it's plastic sausages, we'll only try it once :D
I would not bother if I was you! It is not the shop that I had in mind, but in the next block of units. I hobbled up there from the hotel this morning to try the breakfast. Two pages of "set" menus, although I did not turn the page over until after I had ordered, so only saw the first three. Only one of the "sets" showed a single miserable sausage, but ALL of them showed fried egg(s).

So I asked grandma if they could change the fried egg for an omelette, which after consulting with miss nasty, said ok.
When it eventually arrived the eggs were scrambled! I cannot stomach scrambled eggs at all, fried at a pinch, but that is why I asked for an omelette. So when I politely pointed out to miss nasty that it was not what I ordered, she started screaming at me! UH, OH, wrong thing to do with me! She then received a short but loud lesson in Australian slang, which resulted in even more screaming from her, and then being told to leave, as if I wasn't already on my way!

Each "set" breakfast is 120 Baht. Further along in the menu she has an omelette stuffed with something, cant recall just what. No idea what the lonely sausage was about, and absolutely no intention of finding out. Wooden bench seats, strong enough but like a lot of Thai seats, too bloody close to the floor, and I am not overly tall. A single oscillating ceiling fan over the multiple tables.

Unless it is just a hobby, I cannot see it lasting very long. :cheers:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Wow!!! It's a long time since this thread saw light of day.

We tried a new place (for us) for breakfast (brunch) today. Hug, which is opposite the original Baguette.

I have to say, whilst being a little pricier than some places in town, the food quality (for a breakfast) was the best I've known in Thailand. Presentation was first class.

As you will have noticed, I judge my breakfast by the sausages and bacon. Unfortunately for me, the sausages were not right for this fussy git, but they will probably blow most people's minds. You could tell they were made with quality pork, and were probably the finest sausages I've ever had. However, having been dragged up, they were probably too good for my personal taste. Bacon was good.

I think I'm saying the breakfast was too good for this heathen.

I'd certainly recommend somebody looking for a full English in that part of town to give it a try. Parking is plentiful around the back, the place is very clean and service was good - you can sit inside with aircon or outside.

My son had a Wagu Beef Burger, which looked really good, and Mrs BB had a Carbonara, which I tasted, and was very impressed.

Points 51; Position 21
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

There must be a duplicate thread to this as there have been much more recent posts about English breakfasts since Aug '19

Including BB's visit to Andreanna's Bakery/Uncle Bill's on Soi 94 (with more in depth discussion on sausages).

Plus other venue reviews particularly Nany cafe

Sent from my M2007J20CT using Tapatalk

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, such is the nature of the beast - people start new threads as opposed to finding original threads. A cursory look shows at least 5 other threads I could have posted in. I think the thread you are referring to is something about breakfast places in 2020. It is now 2022, so I opted for the original, which is not date specific.

Points 51; Position 21
KhunLA
Guru
Guru

Post by KhunLA »

Big Boy wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:32 am Yes, such is the nature of the beast - people start new threads as opposed to finding original threads. A cursory look shows at least 5 other threads I could have posted in. I think the thread you are referring to is something about breakfast places in 2020. It is now 2022, so I opted for the original, which is not date specific.
Thank you for that, as I probably would have voided if simply about 'English' brekkie, as I have no interest it Brit food.
:cheers:
Jack_Batty
Professional
Professional

Post by Jack_Batty »

Big Boy wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:40 pm Wow!!! It's a long time since this thread saw light of day.

We tried a new place (for us) for breakfast (brunch) today. Hug, which is opposite the original Baguette.

I have to say, whilst being a little pricier than some places in town, the food quality (for a breakfast) was the best I've known in Thailand. Presentation was first class.

As you will have noticed, I judge my breakfast by the sausages and bacon. Unfortunately for me, the sausages were not right for this fussy git, but they will probably blow most people's minds. You could tell they were made with quality pork, and were probably the finest sausages I've ever had. However, having been dragged up, they were probably too good for my personal taste. Bacon was good.

I'd certainly recommend somebody looking for a full English in that part of town to give it a try. Parking is plentiful around the back, the place is very clean and service was good - you can sit inside with aircon or outside.

My son had a Wagu Beef Burger, which looked really good, and Mrs BB had a Carbonara, which I tasted, and was very impressed.

I’ve had many a meal at Hug and they have never disappointed. Never had the breakfast there. Actually these days, with my intermittent fasting diet, I don’t eat until 2 or 4pm, so I rarely eat breakfast food, period. Unfortunately, the owners of Hug have sold the restaurant. There is a farewell celebration for the current owners this Saturday starting at 5pm. I don’t know what will happen to the restaurant after that, but I intend to find out this weekend. I would hate to see this place close, because it really is a fantastic restaurant.
HarryVardon
Professional
Professional

Post by HarryVardon »

A "real" English breakfast is served with fried bread. Toast & jam are the second course. The only restaurants I know in Hua Hin that serve fried bread are Nany's & Deli 88. The days are gone when breakfast was also served with kidney's & kippers. I don't think we will see those days return.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Hua Hin Fishing Lodge do fried bread also.

Wouldn't fancy the kippers, but used to love braised kidneys on fried bread.

Points 51; Position 21
Jack_Batty
Professional
Professional

Post by Jack_Batty »

Jack_Batty wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:23 pm
Big Boy wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:40 pm Wow!!! It's a long time since this thread saw light of day.

I’ve had many a meal at Hug and they have never disappointed. Never had the breakfast there. Actually these days, with my intermittent fasting diet, I don’t eat until 2 or 4pm, so I rarely eat breakfast food, period. Unfortunately, the owners of Hug have sold the restaurant. There is a farewell celebration for the current owners this Saturday starting at 5pm. I don’t know what will happen to the restaurant after that, but I intend to find out this weekend. I would hate to see this place close, because it really is a fantastic restaurant.
Just got a phone call from a friend. The deal fell through on Hug, so it’s not being sold. The Saturday event is still happening, but it’s just a…well, I don’t really know what to call it. It’s not a farewell shindig anymore, I can tell you that. 5pm, if anyone wants to come and enjoy good food in a good atmosphere. I’m not associated with this restaurant in any other way but as an eager diner, so this isn’t a commercial or anything.
Jack_Batty
Professional
Professional

Post by Jack_Batty »

Had my 2nd attempt at an English breakfast last week. I rarely eat breakfasts anymore. This time it was at a place I had yet to visit…Pat’s Place on Soi 94. I guess this one would be a full? Not sure. It was more than enough. Just can’t get myself to dig the baked beans…for breakfast or any other time. That’s my hang up though and I will own it. Pat’s Place seems to be pretty popular. There’s always a lot of people there when I drive by, regardless of the hour. Aside from the beans, I thought it was all pretty good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Locations that serve a

Post by Dannie Boy »

^ Looks are one thing, taste is another, but both the sausage and bacon look good - how was the price?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, despite the sausages (I'm a fussy git), if we go for breakfast, Pats Place still wins it more times than not.

Points 51; Position 21