Draft Kilkenny and Guinness

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
Fantom
Rookie
Rookie

Guinness Draught

Post by Fantom »

Yes kegs are kept in a chill cabinet.

Price is 160 baht a pint (half litre)
PM-Flyguy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by PM-Flyguy »

I will be in HH in December and will drop by , not for the Irish brown stuff, but to see if a Good heinieken draft is also served in Pints ..

regds

Patrick
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Reading all this I actually started to think with an Irish accent!? Most of us yanks don't travel well and if no Mickey D's or something to remind them of home, they bitch and moan about all the "foreigners". If the half/quarter Irish descendents of the 1800's immigrants to the US make it to HH, many may be pleased to see a bright neon sign saying "Irish Pub". It will make them feel a safe haven from too much local culture. Half Irish Pete
tuktukmike
Guru
Guru

Post by tuktukmike »

Hi PM-Flyguy

Yes you will be able to buy draft Heineken in the unmentioned new irish bar just opened in Hua Hin.

Otherwise there is nothing new to report here as Officially nothing has happened here.

No events involving new bars that have not paid up to HHAD in fact we all seem to be in a bit of a time warp at present.

But never mind i am sure something will appear on the horizon in the near future.

Mike.
henry miller
Novice
Novice

Post by henry miller »

Read this post with a great amount of interest,firstly I have never been to HH,but planning a visit this Dec and am partial to a pint or two of the black stuff!Being a former licensee in the U.K.,I was somewhat surprised to read about the so called limited shelf life of draught guinness until another post on the topic described the use of an ice bath style chiller and insulated python to the dispense font...in my experience keg beers like guinness and others requiring a mixed gas will keep in the keg and be perfectly drinkable for at least FOUR WEEKS and longer given the conditions described above and a cold room or cellar where the temp.can be kept to about 45/48F where the kegs are stored.
Look forward to partaking of some chilled guiness at some HH"S bars!!
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

tuktukmike wrote:Hi PM-Flyguy

No events involving new bars that have not paid up to HHAD in fact we all seem to be in a bit of a time warp at present.

But never mind i am sure something will appear on the horizon in the near future.

Mike.
TukTuk,

Your postings are becoming tedious and uninteresting. I now believe that you are actually not a real person at all, but a Cyber Space semi-intelligent virus that logs in to fora and generates annoying replies that make no logical sense whatsoever but still somehow manage to wind people up.

I've already got the Heinz Baked Beanz and I did not have to go to Bangkok either.

Sorry but I do not see the relevance of the connection between an Irish Bar and draught (draft for Americans) Dutch Lager.

Anybody know where I can get a Lamb and Mint Source Quiche?

I wish I was in a time warp.
[color=blue][size=134]Care in the community success story.[/size][/color]
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

henry miller wrote:Read this post with a great amount of interest,firstly I have never been to HH,but planning a visit this Dec and am partial to a pint or two of the black stuff!Being a former licensee in the U.K.,I was somewhat surprised to read about the so called limited shelf life of draught guinness until another post on the topic described the use of an ice bath style chiller and insulated python to the dispense font...in my experience keg beers like guinness and others requiring a mixed gas will keep in the keg and be perfectly drinkable for at least FOUR WEEKS and longer given the conditions described above and a cold room or cellar where the temp.can be kept to about 45/48F where the kegs are stored.
Look forward to partaking of some chilled guiness at some HH"S bars!!
Interesting stuff, but of course you are referring to British and Irish Guiness. Here in SE Asia the brewing process is significantly diferent.

Local products have to be used as importation costs are sky high. The liquid base is Nam Pla. This literally means fish water. Is is processed, mostly on the salt flats between Bangkok and Petchaburi, from anchovies that have been hung out in the air for about seven weeks. The highly skilled operatives then pump water through the dried fish (a bit like the way that Italians make coffee). They then colour the liquid with common hair dye, (exactly like my wife uses to disguise the fact that she is grey haired).

Then comes the clever bit. By mixng Polyuralicmetacarbonatedhydoxide which is used commonly by Bangkok dentists to make old peoples teeth white (I believe this is popular in the US also) you end up with a black liquid that looks exactly like Saint James Gate Guiness as brewed in the old country.

Chork Dee Clap as we say in Nakorn.
henry miller
Novice
Novice

Post by henry miller »

Thanks for that eloquent reply Guess....think I will stick with the bottled lager then!!!
tuktukmike
Guru
Guru

Post by tuktukmike »

So Sorry Guess.

What the hell is Fora.

If you checked and managed to read the previous post you will have seen i was replying to PM comment about Heineken!!!!!

Whats with the Quiche?? :?

Bangkok and Baked Beans???? are you on the right Thread!

Mike. :roll:
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

tuktukmike wrote:
Mike, I'm getting a little tired of your constant digs and pokes, if you have a problem with us please keep it to PMs and refrain from speading your bitter sarcastic agenda across the board. May I refer you to articles 3, 15 and 16 in our Terms and Conditions.
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

tuktukmike wrote:So Sorry Guess.

What the hell is Fora.

Well your creators obviously did not think it was necessary to load you up witha comprehensive dictionary. I will explain by example:

1 sheep, 2 sheep,
1 pie, 2 pies
1 forum, 2 fora.

Get it.

Whats with the Quiche?? :?

Sorry but having read the terms and conditions of this forum ( it's forum 'cos there is only one, if there were two then they world be fora) and I read nothing regarding the mention of Quiche.

Bangkok and Baked Beans???? are you on the right Thread!

Ditto

def
the same thing applies elsewhere: indicating that whatever has just been said about one person or thing applies equally to somebody or something else

Yes OK Jaime, well spotted