The Beer Thread

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Ham & Bacon : The Palm Bistro
surferdave
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Turkey supplies to Thailand 2017

Post by surferdave » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:55 am

So what has hapened to the supply of beer lao?
Not sold in makro,
Not sold in villa market, does this mean the thai breweries forcing us to drink thai poison beer?
Not for me i wil gowithout before drinking that poison thai call beer.

PeteC

Re: The Beer Thread

Post by PeteC » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:58 pm

Heineken introduces Strongbow apple cider from the UK

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/ ... s/30331204

"TAP Group, brewer and distributor of premium beers such as Heineken, Tiger, Cheers, Guinness and Kilkenny, recently unveiled Strongbow, the best-selling apple cider brand from the UK.

The premium cider brand’s target audiences are Thai millennials between 20 and 35. The company also plans to roll out activities under "A Fresh Remix of Nature" brand, including marketing activities to increase sales volume and occupy a market share with total number of 500,000 litres, in order to become the leader in the apple cider market in Thailand.".............
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source

hhinner
Ace
Ace

Post by hhinner » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:47 pm

Hasn't Strongbow been in Thailand for many years? I used to occasionally drink it in Bangkok. Did they stop bringing it in at some point?

caller
Addict
Addict

Post by caller » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:00 pm

Jesus, is Strongbow really the best selling cider in the UK??? I'll stick to some premier brands - like anything apart from Strongbow - thanks!

I've noticed these recently and I was under the impression that what is available here from Strongbow, is actually brewed in Thailand?

I'd rather drink gnat's p**s!
Talk is cheap

johnjar
Guru
Guru

Post by johnjar » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:58 pm

I love draft cider..does anyone know any bar in Hua hin where they sell it :)

PeteC

Post by PeteC » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:27 pm

I don't know if I would try this stuff, unless I already had a half dozen cans of something else. :? Maybe it's good for breakfast. :shock: :D

https://japanbeer.wordpress.com/2012/07 ... for-salad/

phpy1gvFMAM.jpg
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source

STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:19 pm

^That must be for those people who're not completely satisfied by that banana flavored German weizen beer!

hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:35 pm

In my 20's we drank beer mixed with tomato juice a lot. It was good for midday when you didn't want to get buzzed and seemed to be a good "hair of the dog" for hangovers. Bartenders made it; some called it a red beer and some a bloody beer. It was actually pretty good. I wouldn't do it to a good beer but the mass produced American beers are actually improved by adding something to cover up the lousy taste.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?

404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:41 am

hhfarang wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:35 pm
In my 20's we drank beer mixed with tomato juice a lot. It was good for midday when you didn't want to get buzzed and seemed to be a good "hair of the dog" for hangovers. Bartenders made it; some called it a red beer and some a bloody beer. It was actually pretty good. I wouldn't do it to a good beer but the mass produced American beers are actually improved by adding something to cover up the lousy taste.
Amazing. Half and half or how? I'd like to try it although not with my Fullers ESB. :)

oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:26 am

you must be Canadian, its a big drink on the Prairies.

hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:44 pm

404cameljockey wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:41 am
hhfarang wrote:
Amazing. Half and half or how? I'd like to try it although not with my Fullers ESB. :)
I don't remember the exact proportions, but it would not be half and half; more beer and less tomato juice than that. Start with 2/3 beer to 1/3 tomato juice or even 3/4 beer to 1/4 tomato juice and adjust to your taste from there. Use the cheapest beer you can find. Chang might be a good one to do this with.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?

404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:34 am

hhfarang wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:44 pm
404cameljockey wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:41 am
hhfarang wrote:
I don't remember the exact proportions, but it would not be half and half; more beer and less tomato juice than that. Start with 2/3 beer to 1/3 tomato juice or even 3/4 beer to 1/4 tomato juice and adjust to your taste from there. Use the cheapest beer you can find. Chang might be a good one to do this with.
Thanks. I did some reading, seems people even use bloody mary mix or V8 juice to make it spicy. And yes, cheap beer!

404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:37 pm

Guys, I just tried beer Chang with Clamato, I have to say it's utterly vile! :D

No saving graces anywhere. But I'll try anything once; twice if I like it. :shock:

PeteC

Post by PeteC » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:42 pm

404cameljockey wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:37 pm
Guys, I just tried beer Chang with Clamato, I have to say it's utterly vile! :D

No saving graces anywhere. But I'll try anything once; twice if I like it. :shock:
Perhaps it's the clam ingredient? I would give it a go with V-8, and perhaps try using a normal Singha for comparison before or after the Chang mix? I think using a Leo or similar it would be too light and watery. Pete :cheers:

Abbynormal
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Abbynormal » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:33 pm

We used to drink a lot of "red" beer in Montana. Just beer and tomato juice. If wanted to spice it up you added a little tobassco sauce. It gave any beer a little more body.