Alcohol Sales?

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
PeteC

Alcohol Sales?

Post by PeteC »

We touched on this subject in FOO but I don't have full details on what the law really says? Do you see bars in HH restricting beer and whisky sales during certain hours? I have noticed nothing different here in Pattaya, except my experience at Tesco Lotus the other day as mentioned in FOO. Pete
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

No change here either. Even 7-11s that seemed to be enforcing it at the start are not doing so now. Certainly not the bars, to my knowlege.
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

I passed through Lopburi the other day, and dropped by the 7-11 to buy some beers. Being late afternoon, I asked if I could buy beers, only to be given a strange look. They haven't heard of any restrictions on alcohol sales :roll: , so I would surmise it really affects Bangkok only. (And perhaps other touristy places).

In the initial enforcement period, everyone was affected. This included the papa-n-mama shops that they run out of their houses. One lady in my village would stock Tiger beer only for me, but would sometimes not make the curfew. :roll: The law was amended so that if you bought more than ten liters at a time, you would be assumed to be a 'retailer' and would be exempt.
She also sells me the beer irregardless of curfew hours :D

:cheers:
วินเชนท์
dr dave soul monsta
Deceased
Deceased

Post by dr dave soul monsta »

go to the fridge get the beer open it then go to the counter .!! pay !!!
what are they going to do ,say no ?
one thinks not
"I don't often agree with the RSPCA as i believe it is an animals duty to be on my plate at supper time"
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

It's not as strick as it used to be in BKK any more. For the last few months I've been able to buy beer from the convenience stores well after midnight.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Yeah, another of these knee jerk regulations that are enforced and soon forgotten.
In this instance, it actually is the law. Passed years ago, but no one enforced it until a probably super efficient politician/bureaucrat decided to make his name by "finding it again".
I like Dr. Dave's suggestion. Wonder what they would do? Make you pay and confiscate the merchandise?
They could try it. I'd stage a sit down protest and drink a case right there and then :cheers:
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

I'd stage a sit down protest and drink a case right there and then
About two more weeks on the wagon and then I'll do this anyway. :laugh:
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

OK BBG,
Name your 7-11 and it's cases at dawn!! :cheers: