Restaurants in the square

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
cat
Rookie
Rookie

Restaurants in the square

Post by cat »

The first time we went to Hua Hin we were not very brave in the eating dept and tended to eat in the hotels. We did wander round the restaurants in the the square in the centre and were tempted, but they did not seem to be very busy. I have searched this forum and no one seems to mention them at all. Is that because the food is no good, expensive, hygene? as always any info is appreciated.
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

If you mean Sathukarn Square near the Shopping Mall, I don't think you'd have any problems there. I've eaten in 2-3 of them and the food was ok. Also the prices are reasonable. May be the lack of comments about them is due to the fact that people who stay here don't eat so much in these places which are mainly meant for tourists.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Ditto BG's comments.
In all the years I've been here, I've hardly ever had a bad meal - in as much as it causes a stomach upset. Food is plentiful, clean and good value.
Unfortunately, many of the bigger hotels in town will advise their guests not to be adventurous as it obviously suits them to have a captive audience.
I will never forget having the misfortune years ago to sit next to a Western woman on our way over here who waxed lyrical for almost 11 hours about how she'd packed pots, pans, cutlery, tins of food etc for her two week holiday as she was so worried about the food.
Cat, don't be. You're missing out on a culinary experience and a lot of good times.
chelsea
Ace
Ace

Post by chelsea »

Hi Cat
Just want to back up the last two posts.
Was in HH only 4 weeks ago and was very impressed with the food there.

Caters for both those who do not appreciate the local style of Thai cooking and also there are plenty of places that do.

There is also a very good selection of other types of food available for those who do not eat Thai food.

If you search the forum for my previous posts, I have mentioned some of the places that we ate and drank in.

I can assure you that you will neither go hungry or die of thirst in your time in HH
Steve
:cheers: