Fish and Chips

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Fish and Chips

Post by richard »

There is one place you can get your F&C in a newspaper but the dish is expensive so they must be wrapped in 'The Times' or similar :laugh:
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Dr Mike
Guru
Guru

Post by Dr Mike »

A school friend of mine went to work for a Fleet St newspaper. In his first week he wrote a story and it went to print. When he re -read it he realized he could have done better and sat at his desk looking very morose.
An old fleet St hand said to him ' Don't fret lad, today its news, tomorrow its a fish wrapper'
jmac
Novice
Novice

Post by jmac »

dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Yes, I think you mentioned that before. The fish and chips thread is probably not the best place to promote a pizza restaurant, and promoting it when you are not paying for advertising will do you more harm than good.

I suppose what I'm trying to say, in a nutshell, not being a mod, is pay up or feck off! :laugh: :cheers:
This is the way
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Walking back from last night's quiz, I noticed a sign on a door not far from the Tessabahn, about 3 doors from the 2nd hand book shop. It said something like, "Coming soon Hua Hin Fish & Chips."
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Big Boy wrote:Walking back from last night's quiz, I noticed a sign on a door not far from the Tessabahn, about 3 doors from the 2nd hand book shop. It said something like, "Coming soon Hua Hin Fish & Chips."
Canadian Jim again I suspect :laugh: Soi 80 and his van didn't work out I guess
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Dont think its Jim, a friend told me about the guy and from what he said the new owner really knows his stuff, will find out more...
bapak
Deceased
Deceased

Post by bapak »

Big Boy wrote:Walking back from last night's quiz, I noticed a sign on a door not far from the Tessabahn, about 3 doors from the 2nd hand book shop. It said something like, "Coming soon Hua Hin Fish & Chips."
My office is almost across the road from this location. No sign of any activity yet.
wpcoe
Professional
Professional

Post by wpcoe »

Walking south on Petchkasem Road, in the block of shops just south of the tessabahn is an empty shop with a big sign saying Fish & Chips coming soon.

Apparently the one on Soi 80 by Linda's went out of business already?
Majestic Creek

Post by Majestic Creek »

Have driven up and down Soi 94 looking for Bar Tender but cannot locate it!

Maybe I am off the radar, drove each side off the rail line, and as far as OY's after the tee junction, but no joy.

Can somebody enlighten me?

Cheers
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

BT closed recently soon after re-opening !! Don't know why yet as Ron is still around. BT was at the corner of the crossroads in the same block as the gym and Lucianos before the left turn to Korat Kitchen heading West up Petcha. :thumb:
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Fish and chips is a British thing?????

http://www.shalomlife.com/news/17578/of ... h-n-chips/

:neener: :duck:

:thumb:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
lagojardin

Post by lagojardin »

Bar Tender is unfortunately no more, apparently Luciano bought Ron out just after he opened BT2 next door to the original BT. Rons still about though and last week he was telling me he is looking round for some new venture and hoping to capitalise on his "sadly missed" fish and chip recipe.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

North Sea cod stocks 'on road to sustainability'

"The council, which certifies whether fish are being caught sustainably, says it is too soon to tell exactly when the North Sea fishery will be sustainable.

But a spokesman said on current trends, it will be ready for certification within years rather than decades......."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-22820162
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
alleykat
Professional
Professional

Post by alleykat »

Not sure about this being a good location for a Fish and Chip shop, although I hope I'm wrong.There's almost never any available parking around there.
But if they're good Fish and Chips then I guess people will make an effort to get there.
Not sure how many Aussies and Kiwi's read this forum but I'm sure most would agree that the Fish and Chips done by the expat Brits here are nothing like ours, ie not as good!