Fish and Chips

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
Super Joe
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Fish and Chips

Post by Super Joe »

Big Boy wrote:
sarnie wrote:Would have been a good idea if he had put a note up to say he's moved next door
:agree: All you see is the noodle stall at the front, and 4 'unoccupied' Salas (whenever I've walked past) in the space behind. The bar signs are still in place in front of the old bar.
Popped in today and owner said food, as in F&C and other ex-Bar Tender menu should be back on in about a week's time. That's in the 'garden' location. Think he said he'll put a sign out.

Bar Tender (soon to be Italian restaurant), is open again as a bar, but kitchen not ready yet. The lady in there couldn't give me a date.

SJ
jimmy40
Professional
Professional

Post by jimmy40 »

This is a little of the subject, i like fish and chips as much as the next person, but.
Where in the hell can i get some proper chinese dam it!!!!!
[Oh and whoever said before about the ozzie bit was a bit out of line we are not all the same you know]
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Top of the Hilton if you have dosh and like real Chinese food and not western style
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

jimmy40 wrote:This is a little of the subject, i like fish and chips as much as the next person, but.
Where in the hell can i get some proper chinese dam it!!!!!
[Oh and whoever said before about the ozzie bit was a bit out of line we are not all the same you know]
Proper Chinese should not be a problem here! If you mean the gloopy westernised Chinese, then I have no idea. I too, would like to know, because it can be great once in a while, and I'd love to see the shock on my girlfriends face when I tall her 'this is what we have as Chinese back in England' ! :D
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

Top of the Hilton if you have dosh and like real Chinese food and not western style
I went to this place a few years back. Many things had run out... including duck :shock: . Service was extremely poor too. Maybe just a bad day but when a meal for 4 (2 glasses of wine, 2 cokes) comes to nearly five grand you don't expect a 'bad day'

The food, I found, was extremely overpriced for what it was. Okay tasting, but a one off for me.
Sisyphus2000
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Sisyphus2000 »

Do they have mushy peas as I think these are required for really delicous fish and chips I will check out this bar when I come to HH next
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

A proper joint will also dish up 'scraps' too
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
blue05
Guru
Guru

Post by blue05 »

For proper fish and chips with mushy peas and bread and butter try Gifs Kitchen just up soi 94 past souy vista, 99b small and 149b large, best batter in town (so far)

They also do faggots for those that like it

Bacon rolls in baguette 40b, home made sausages and bacon, plus best ham in town

Ham eggs chips beans bread and butter 95b and its a good sized meal
Last edited by blue05 on Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

Blue05... Unfortunately you are not allowed to put prices anymore (I think) for non-sponsors of the site. I assume it will be edited soonish. :cheers:
blue05
Guru
Guru

Post by blue05 »

Sorry about that, will not do in future
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

I may be wrong though...it was quite a while back something was introduced. A mod will let you know if it's not allowed anyhow. :cheers:
bapak
Deceased
Deceased

Post by bapak »

GLCQuantum wrote:I may be wrong though...it was quite a while back something was introduced. A mod will let you know if it's not allowed anyhow. :cheers:
I understand the rule is not to post graphics of a menu. Correct me if I am correct.
buksida

Post by buksida »

bapak wrote:
GLCQuantum wrote:I may be wrong though...it was quite a while back something was introduced. A mod will let you know if it's not allowed anyhow. :cheers:
I understand the rule is not to post graphics of a menu. Correct me if I am correct.
Correct, nothing wrong with prices and non-affiliated recommendations, but posting full menus when an ad is only 10 baht a day is taking the piss a bit ...

Is today national 'have a crack at the mods' day? :roll:
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

buksida wrote: Is today national 'have a crack at the mods' day? :roll:

Good :idea: then I can be rude for one day and then send you all a nice card to make up:cheers: :cheers:
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

Roel
Guru
Guru

Post by Roel »

Like this one:
Attachments
funny-nerd-geek-forum-moderator.jpg
funny-nerd-geek-forum-moderator.jpg (57.04 KiB) Viewed 554 times
We are all living in 'the good old days' of the future.