7 week restaurant review

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Re: 7 week restaurant review

Post by dtaai-maai »

^^Are there two Bam Bams then? I thought it was along from the railway station past the Dutchman?
This is the way
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I think you're getting confused with Plung Plui maybe :wink:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
bapak
Deceased
Deceased

Post by bapak »

If it is any indication, the English translation of Plung Plui is "Big Belly".
Rone

Post by Rone »

Its great (if not some times surprising) to read other posters opinions of your favourite eating places. But as others have said eating is a very individual thing and of course even the very best places can have an off day.
Even so, surprised at the reaction re All In. We ate there on at least 4 occasions and it was very consistent. It is certainly very popular and we would have eaten there more often had there been a table available. Agree re the packing them in to the small Thai places in front of temple. But what attracted us to Bam Bams in the first place was they do try and keep at least a small distance between the tables and they dont present you with the bill before you have finished eating. They dont seem as greedy as some of the others. I think Plung Plui changed hands (and name?) about 12 months ago. Terrace 90 always consistent food and the service had certainly improved this year compared to last (could still be better in the smile department). Incidently we both preferred the Terrace 90 Mexican food to the Mexican in the night market, but I know they are completely different and it is only a personal preference. Thanks for comments.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Rone wrote:I think Plung Plui changed hands (and name?) about 12 months ago.
We took my eldest grand daughter there recently with a couple of her friends to celebrate her birthday. The owner now is still the original owner - nice lady.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
Maxs
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Maxs »

Thx for the info, really gonna check them out.
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

Homer wrote:Between this and the Pung Plui thread I'll have to give it another try.
I went back. I enjoyed. In the famous words of my former state's former governor: I'll be back.
Had the chicken 'steak', port sauce, baked potatoes. One thin edge of the chicken was overcooked, but the rest of it and the meal was quite good, as was the service. Thanks to all the positive reviews that convinced me to give the place another try.