Vietnamese brewed coffee found in Khao Takiab

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Vietnamese brewed coffee found in Khao Takiab

Post by Homer »

Walked into the coffee place just needing caffeine, walked out with the satisfaction of better Vietnamese brewed coffee than most of the places I tried in Vietnam. Maybe they use a better quality bean.

For those unfamiliar with the process, a small metal filter holder sits on top of the cup like a hat. It's delivered to your table with hot water already seeping through, one only has to wait for the dripping to stop. They serve it with and without condensed milk on the bottom. 40 baht, IIRC.

Located at the Yummy Restaurant of the Sea Harmony Guesthouse, at the corner of Soi 87 (that's the actual name of the road most describe as 'when you go south on Petch just keep going straight when you get to the flyover) and and soi 5. Their website: [Edit: link removed, Agoda can be found on the right.]
wildS-2013-03-06-00811-Yummy.jpg
wildS-2013-03-06-00811-Yummy-Sign.jpg
wildS-2013-03-06-00811-Yummy-Sign.jpg (43.82 KiB) Viewed 1983 times
For those who navigate by the HH Expat method: It's on the way to Monkey Mountain, between two construction sites, past that place where we watched the last World Cup, but is now torn down. :-)

For those who navigate by declination and right ascension: Third rock from the Sun.
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Vietnamese brewed coffee found in Khao Takiab

Post by Bristolian »

Homer wrote:Located at the Yummy Restaurant of the Sea Harmony Guesthouse, at the corner of Soi 87 (that's the actual name of the road most describe as 'when you go south on Petch just keep going straight when you get to the flyover) and and soi 5.

For those who navigate by the HH Expat method: It's on the way to Monkey Mountain, between two construction sites, past that place where we watched the last World Cup, but is now torn down. :-)

For those who navigate by declination and right ascension: Third rock from the Sun.
:lach: and for those who use GPS: 12.513074,99.975935
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
Huahinexp
Novice
Novice

Post by Huahinexp »

Thx for your Guru info, I went to this Yummy Corner Cafe this afternoon, I was surprise how busy they were. Only 7 tables decoreated with pallet woods with great atmosphere.The owners spoke good English and after a quick chated I found out that they live in Melbourne working as a barista and accountance for a while. Coffees are great I did try Primitive coffee( Vietnamese style coffee as Guru suggested it was smooth yet strong coffee! And I also ordered cappuccino and Pad Thai Noodle, I have to say they are both the best hat I ever had in Thailand

Strongly recommend
I got the business card with me they also do guesthouse called [Mod Edit] As alreasy stated, details of guesthouses can be found in our accomodation links on the right hand side of this page.
Scotian2012
Professional
Professional

Post by Scotian2012 »

Great - thanks for recommendation, love Vietnamese coffee
Eugene
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Eugene »

Thanks to the recommendations above I went and found the Yummy Corner. Well, their coffee is good, they grind it right in front of you and it's stong and fresh. I went there for the vietnamese style coffee which I got addicted to in Vietnam 3 years ago. Thought the coffee is quite good, it's still missing that unique and special vietnamese taste. :(

Actually, leaving Vietnam I bought all the stuff to make it including several kinds of vietnamese coffee beans but have never been able to recreate the unique taste at home :( Does anyone know the secret?
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Post by Lung Per »

I learned to appreciate Vietnamese coffee when I visited Saigon a few years ago. I'm happy to know that it's now available in Hua Hin. Thanks for the heads-up!
:-)
A friend is only one click away
Eugene
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Eugene »

Me too. But as I have written, despite they use the same coffeemaker, the taste - to my great regret - is not the same.