new cafe soi 102

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: new cafe soi 102

Post by GLCQuantum »

dtaai-maai wrote:
GLCQuantum wrote:I'm sure you didn't travel all the way from Pak Nam Pran to visit a 99 baht shop. Closer to the truth would probably be ...
How fortunate that we have you to correct the dastardly lies people post on here. :shock:
Oh come on Dtaii Maii :wink: ... you know what I was saying.

I wasn't correcting any lies as you so elegantly put it. Just observed how the 'banging head on wall' emoticon possibly wasn't appropriate for that specific post. :D

:cheers:
Last edited by GLCQuantum on Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
alleykat
Professional
Professional

Post by alleykat »

Good food though and reasonably priced.
pattyken
Novice
Novice

Post by pattyken »

pattyken
Novice
Novice

Post by pattyken »

Admin Final Warning: You will be banned from this website if you continue to self promote your business. Advertising is ridiculously cheap here so please be professional about it.

Please adhere to the T&Cs:

It will be the sole discretion of HuaHinForum and its moderators as to what constitutes an advertisement, this applies to all members regardless of whether they are site sponsors or not. Self promotional URL drops and whisper campaigns are strictly forbidden within the forums and will be edited out.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Re: Restaurant News

Post by hhfarang »

Cafe 99 changed. Formerly 99 b meals are now 129 b. According to the sign, the new name is 'Cafe' and states every day a 99b special. Same people working there.
I drove by today and the place was empty. I hope it doesn't go like The Dutchman. He opened and had great meal prices for 3 or 4 months, then raised everything across the board by 30 or 40 baht and then was out of business a few weeks later. As JW says about "Cafe 129", it was still a good deal for the meals at the Dutchman, but I guess if you hike your prices by 20 to 30% overnight it just turns the customers off. There are just too many choices so a lot of competition. If a restaurant needs the higher prices to survive, then they should open with them instead of the "teaser" rates that just piss regular customers off when they go up so much a couple of months later.

I guess entrepreneurs here have never heard of a business plan, which when done correctly before starting would tell them how to price the menu to make the necessary profit to stay in business.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
ste860
Deceased
Deceased

Post by ste860 »

do you seriously think a cafe buisiness only charging 99 baht for a meal here will survive ,its impossible same for bars selling beer for 50 baht ,someone subsisiding it and eventually it goes the same way every other . its not easy running a bar or cafe especilly during low season
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

There are plenty of Thai establishments surviving charging a lot less than 99 Baht.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

When I went there there were about 8 people there and most were not only having the 99Bht main course but were having starters and puddings.

Maybe his business plan was to make his profit on a high mark up on drinks, starters and sweet courses. Most other regular cafes I've used have already said they are going to have to increase their prices fairly soon.

IMO his mains are still good value for 129Bht
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

richard wrote:not only having the 99Bht main course but were having starters and puddings.
Been there many times, but starter and pudding has never been an option.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Big Boy wrote:
richard wrote:not only having the 99Bht main course but were having starters and puddings.
Been there many times, but starter and pudding has never been an option.
:? Well I had soup and a roast dinner and my friend had soup, main course and a sweet
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I guess you had Sunday lunch.

Points 48; Position 18
ste860
Deceased
Deceased

Post by ste860 »

Big Boy wrote:There are plenty of Thai establishments surviving charging a lot less than 99 Baht.
you said it thai establishments , they dont need the same profits a farang buisiness needs ,and even they are feeling the pinch ,food costs here are climbing steadily and that will mean higher prices for the custumer

[Mod Edit] This sub-discussion has been moved here viewtopic.php?f=8&t=24831

:offtopic:
Chromeman
Professional
Professional

CAFE

Post by Chromeman »

Hua Hin Food Critic on Facebook just posted a link to the Facebook page of a eating establishment in Hua Hin that call them selves CAFE (turns out their FB is only 2 hours old!). They are located in soi 102 and classify themselves as a British Restaurant.

I wont post the link to their page since the menu with prices was posted on the site, but

They advertise a list of daily specials to, in my eyes, a fairly reasonable price. So have anyone of you any experience with them and have tried their food?
blue05
Guru
Guru

Re: CAFE

Post by blue05 »

its the 99bt cafe, big thread on here called cafe 102
Chromeman
Professional
Professional

Re: CAFE

Post by Chromeman »

OK! Thanks!