new cafe soi 102

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
BOZ
Professional
Professional

Re: new cafe soi 102

Post by BOZ »

dtaai-maai wrote:Full English breakfast followed by a Sunday roast. A man after my own heart/clogged arteries! :laugh: :bow:
Hmmmm Brit food.... Will need to check this one out... Thanks!
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Just had another excellent meal here. While I was sat there pondering, I looked at the 6 shop houses that are there and thought what a good place to live if I had no other responsibilities.

- Get up in the morning.
- Wander down and put in my laundry (Shop 2)
- Have breakfast in the 99er. (Shop 5) Check your e-mails (Free Wi-Fi)
- Have a haircut (Shop 3)
- Have a relaxing oil massage (Shop 1)
- Lunch at Joe's Pizza (Shop 4)
- Beer and fags from the shop (Shop 6) Relax at home
- Pick up your laundry (Shop 2)
- Dinner and a few beers at the 99er (Shop 5)
- Replenish your home stock at the shop (Shop 6)

Sounds like a good day. After a while I think you might lose the use of your legs!!!
blue05
Guru
Guru

Post by blue05 »

the girl in massage shop 1 is a cracker too
nickswift

Post by nickswift »

HHTel wrote:Just had another excellent meal here. While I was sat there pondering, I looked at the 6 shop houses that are there and thought what a good place to live if I had no other responsibilities.

- Get up in the morning.
- Wander down and put in my laundry (Shop 2)
- Have breakfast in the 99er. (Shop 5) Check your e-mails (Free Wi-Fi)
- Have a haircut (Shop 3)
- Have a relaxing oil massage (Shop 1)
- Lunch at Joe's Pizza (Shop 4)
- Beer and fags from the shop (Shop 6) Relax at home
- Pick up your laundry (Shop 2)
- Dinner and a few beers at the 99er (Shop 5)
- Replenish your home stock at the shop (Shop 6)

Sounds like a good day. After a while I think you might lose the use of your legs!!!
And only so many haircuts you can have - especially true of most of the expats :P
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I take it back about the convenience of having a shop there. It's run by one of the rudest women I've ever come across here. While dining at the 99er, I went in for a packet of cigarettes. I smoke 'cheap charlie' cigarettes which are 38 baht in every shop I've been to in Hua Hin, including many 'mom and pop' shops.

45 baht I was asked for. "Excuse me", I said, "but the correct price is 38 baht and is the same in every shop I've been to". "If you think we're expensive, then take your money back and shop elsewhere and don't come back" she said. "No", I said. "I've paid for them now but I won't be buying them here in the future". I then checked a couple of other prices and found that on average the prices are 10 to 20 per cent more expensive than anywhere else.

But what a very rude lady. I hope she doesn't survive.
centermid7
Banned
Banned

Post by centermid7 »

^ a SEVEN baht rant. Brilliant!

And all the while you are telling HER the "correct" price on an item in HER shop.

I would also endorse the 99 Baht Cafe. Lovely place

Cheers
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I'm not complaining about the 7 baht per say but the fact that she's raised her prices (not just cigarettes) way above all the other local shops in an attempt to rip off her customers. I was very polite but her attitude was very aggressive. I'm sure some 'mom and pop' will open a shop there and she will either have to bring her prices down in line or 'shut up shop'. All other shops sell at the same price and they make a living so why can't she? Up to 20 per cent surcharge for using her shop will in time lose her customers and deservedly so.
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

^ a SEVEN baht rant. Brilliant!
Not only is it a 7 baht rant - it's a 7 baht rant that occurred while eating in a 99 baht shop :D .

It's like going to Poundland then complaining about the bus fare home. Ah it's alright... the 'ol man in question is me dad - He's a good sport. He know's his place. To give him his due... it must be hard making the transition from tuppence and shillings to today's moolah...

Just for you pops... :butt:
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

I'll lend you 20p Tel, give it another go.

They cost about 400 baht in England.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

I remember working on a beach front kiosk selling ice creams and seafood and water and all kinds of stuff. We were the only place near to the beach selling this stuff so we put the prices up. People pay for convenience. The same reason prices in 7/11 are generally higher than in the other shops.

You say that the store is conveniently located, yet you bemoan 7bt extra on a pack of fags?

To be honest I'm not surprised if she told you to go screw yourself for telling her how to set her prices of her stock in her own shop. Every time to time I had a smart arse trying to tell me my prices were wrong. It was difficult for me to bite my tongue with some of these people but I managed it, found keeping quiet it was the quickest way to get them out of the way and get on to the customers who were queueing ready to pay the asking price!

I'm sure if a hundred other shops spring up around there (which they usually do - as soon as one family open a shop it seems like all the families on the road think it'll be a good idea) I'm sure she'll have to reduce her prices. In the mean time, why shouldn't she reap the rewards of being the only person in the area providing a service?
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

"7 baht whinge!"

Thanks for you offers to help me out financially. However, I'd prefer all the farangs in HH to give me 5 baht a day. They shouldn't mind. After all it's only 5 baht and neither here nor there. But it would supplement my income to the tune of 10 - 15,000 BAHT A DAY!
I'm sure nobody would mind.... or would they?

It seems there is another shop not too far away where most locals go to. The word is "Kow paang maak" and miserable.

As a point on cigarettes, I read recently (can't find it now) that the tax laws changed and cigs are now taxed on the retail price (fixed by government) and not the cost!! IF that is true, then she's also breaking the law.

Now has anyone grasped the point I was trying to make or have I been in business far tooooo long?
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

I always vote with my feet
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

HHTel wrote:" However, I'd prefer all the farangs in HH to give me 5 baht a day. They shouldn't mind. After all it's only 5 baht and neither here nor there.
Yea, great analogy. Asking for money for nothing is totally the same as a shop charging a few baht more than another shop, which they're totally entitled to do
Now has anyone grasped the point I was trying to make or have I been in business far tooooo long?
If you don't understand the fundamental right for a shop to charge whatever they see fit for their products, and simple laws of supply and demand, I'd say you've not been in business long enough...
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

Just don't go there again HHTel. That's all I do when I realise a shop is owned by t***s looking to rip you off a few baht. We have a couple dotted around Samut Sakhon that think it's okay for them to whack 20% onto stuff too. They then wonder why they're still driving a banged up 40 year old scooter while the shop down the road just bought a new car. It's because most people just go there the once, realise they're taking the piss and don't return again.

:cheers:
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Yes, Pleng, I do understand all that (except for price controls of course).

You still don't get the point, but I'll drop it.