Late Opening Restaurants

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
bonnielass
Professional
Professional

Late Opening Restaurants

Post by bonnielass »

Next month, a gang of us will arrive in HH at about 11pm on a Saturday night.
Having spent most of the day travelling, we will sorely be in need of some decent food.

Does anyone know of a place in town, or out as far as Soi 94' that serves food late, excluding Burger King, preferably Thai food. What about Buena Vista or Oy?

Failing that, is there a decent pit stop on the road between BKK airport and Hua Hin, where me might get some noodles, Tom Yum, whatever?

:thumb:

BL
Ye canny shove yer Grannie off a bus....
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Late Opening Restaurants

Post by richard »

If you are coming from BK why not 'noodle up' there first

In transit main roads have 711's and the like which always have pots of noodles

HH that time of night might be difficult except the noodle street in Neabkehardt or top and bottom of the night market if you are here before 11.30
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Another tip

I've been caught feeling hungry late at night in a bar and didn't want a Binta burger or a MacDonald/Burger king type meal so asked a girl or boss in the bar if they could go and get me some Thai food. Always worked for the price of a drink
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

There is an excellent Thai restaurant on the right hand side of Phetkasem Road near the Palace that is open very late at night and until the early hours of the morning that is really rather good. It's an open fronted place with a display of fresh produce at the entrance which is frequented by the Bangkok-Thai club goers.
I've had a full meal there at three o'clock in the morning before.
bonnielass
Professional
Professional

Post by bonnielass »

Thanks guys,

Steve, the place on Petchkasem sounds ideal, can you elaborate a little?
I am assuming this is north of centre, on the RHS heading in or out of town?

Is it past /near Makro or Index shop?
Those are Landmarks I know.

Cheers

BL
tweedychris
Amateur
Amateur

Post by tweedychris »

there a 24hour restaurant in the grand market if come in from san palou hospital side it the first restaurant on the right
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

bonnielass wrote:Thanks guys,

Steve, the place on Petchkasem sounds ideal, can you elaborate a little?
I am assuming this is north of centre, on the RHS heading in or out of town?

Is it past /near Makro or Index shop?
Those are Landmarks I know.

Cheers

BL
It's nearer to the center, on the right heading north before the Palace. There are several restaurants in that area that can be open late, depending on the evening but there is one that's always open very late and you can get alcohol there at all hours.
Super Joe
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Super Joe »

STEVE G wrote:There is an excellent Thai restaurant on the right hand side of Phetkasem Road near the Palace that is open very late at night and until the early hours of the morning that is really rather good. It's an open fronted place with a display of fresh produce at the entrance which is frequented by the Bangkok-Thai club goers.
I've had a full meal there at three o'clock in the morning before.
That'd be Soi 47 restaurant I believe. A large open type restaurant with basic table & chairs but excellent food until the early hours as Steve mentions. Eat there quite a bit of recent times.

Also there's a good 2 storey wooden restaurant on the right hand side in Soi 68 as you enter from the Petchakasem Road. Nice and cosy upstairs unless someone's singing on the karaoke then it's a bit loud but good, cheap Thai food and late beer til' 4/5am time.

Pla's Restaurant in the Grand Market is 24 hours although sometimes find that it's closed up at whatever time during the night. But at least til' 3am it's regularly open. Great Thai & Western food imo. First restaurant in on right hand side from Petch, ie: next to San Paolo.

Train Road/Soi 80 juncture there's a little old lady who's open all night!? or at least til' 4/5am who does some excellent basic dishes very cheap. She's got a couple of table in the back but it's a bit grim in there. Think she has a load of bananas on display on the front so you may think it's a fruit place at first glance. If you're not sure you have the right place just go up and smell her, she's one of these old ladies like my Nan who smells of catfood. You know the ones.

:cheers:
SJ
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Super Joe wrote:[If you're not sure you have the right place just go up and smell her, she's one of these old ladies like my Nan who smells of catfood. You know the ones.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Of course, there could be another reason why she is open so late and smells of catfood! :naughty:
Talk is cheap
bonnielass
Professional
Professional

Post by bonnielass »

Thanks for all the suggestions guys.
That gives me some good choices, apart from the catfood lady.

A couple of my travelling companions are first timers to LOS and Asia.
Don't want to scare the pants off them on their first night here.

:cheers:

BL
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Super Joe wrote: Train Road/Soi 80 juncture there's a little old lady who's open all night!? or at least til' 4/5am who does some excellent basic dishes very cheap. She's got a couple of table in the back but it's a bit grim in there. Think she has a load of bananas on display on the front so you may think it's a fruit place at first glance. If you're not sure you have the right place just go up and smell her, she's one of these old ladies like my Nan who smells of catfood. You know the ones. :cheers: SJ
How do you stumble across somewhere like that in the first place? :shock: I mean, how desperate do you have to be at 3 a.m. to stop at a banana shack and allow yourself to be dragged in and sat down by a cat lady?? There might have been a whole gang of them waiting inside... :laugh: :laugh:
This is the way
jwchrist5
Novice
Novice

Restaurants that are open late.

Post by jwchrist5 »

Can any one tell me of any restaurants, besides McDonalds and Burger King, that are open late, as in past 1 or 2 am?
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Wandering around at 3am looking for food, going into dodgy places ---- I diagnose a very disturbed person with suicidal tendances.
joecoolfrog
Amateur
Amateur

Post by joecoolfrog »

oakdale160 wrote:Wandering around at 3am looking for food, going into dodgy places ---- I diagnose a very disturbed person with suicidal tendances.
Sounds like the average teenager....