Hua Hin Restaurant News

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
Henry 14th
Guru
Guru

Re: Restaurant News

Post by Henry 14th »

Bruce wrote:Can anyone confirm if Le Bistro the superb French restaurant & chef have closed on corner next to Villa Market? I drove past on Sat & no lunch board was outside & looked like it has closed ...what a shame if so .Can anyone recommend a good French restaurant at all?
Looked like it was open tonight as I drove passed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Would be a huge shame if Le Bistrot has closed.. I always wondered about the location, its never worked for anyone who has opened there, food was always brilliant and Romain a really lovely guy.
Will see what I can find out.
splitlid
Guru
Guru

Post by splitlid »

le bistro is still running, same owner(Mondo vino, la grappa, gastro), Romain has gone and new guy Frank is running it well.
food is still as good and 3 course lunch set menu is still available. :cheers:

open everyday except Sunday
"All the otters don't understand me"
"We might make you bother"
bluke
Amateur
Amateur

french bakery

Post by bluke »

There is a new french bakery opened on soi 102 next to bobbys bar.
excellent bread and pastries.
sticks

Post by sticks »

For all you steak lovers out there, a new restaurant just off soi 116 turn up from phetkasem road by the 7/11 go past the u turn bar and take the next left where the 3 blue rubbish bins are there's a little sign on the lamp post Baan Steak it's a bout 100 yards on the left needs a little bit looking for but the food is excellent and very cheap tenderloin steak with pepper sauce veg and chips 325฿ lots of other things on the menu as well all good and cheap, only one draw back they don't like to get too busy they only want about 10 customers a night so might be best to call first if you are thinking of going there the number is 08-2477-8278 (closed every Sunday)
Enjoy sticks
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

^ I wonder if this is the Baan Steak that used to be on 102? That place was really good.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
centermid7
Banned
Banned

Post by centermid7 »

richard wrote:New restaurant opens tonight. 'DEEMA' half way up soi 80

Isaan food but tonight apparently there is farang food available
They had their big "Grand Opening" on Sunday night. On Monday they did not open at all!!
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Nothing strange about a restaurant being closed on a Monday...a lot do it.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Hi taff, the mods are quite touchy about this thread being kept for news rather than reviews. As a general rule, if you want to say something about food/service at a specific restaurant, add it to an existing thread, like this one for Black Mountain found using the Search function that seems to get used so rarely... :D
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=25803&p=331240&hil ... nt#p331240

If you can't find one, start a new thread.

[Mod Comment] Thank you for your intervention DM, the post has now been moved to the relevant thread.

Can I take this opportunity to remind people again that the thread is for news. People enjoying a meal in Hua Hin is not news.

We welcome restaurant reviews, but please put them on a thread (or start a new thread) where they are of use. If somebody is looking for comments on a restaurant in a few months time, they are unlikely to spot a comment buried within a news thread. However, if there is a dedicated thread for an establishment, it will be easily spotted on the forum's menu system.
This is the way
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Sinatras on Soi 102 is changing ownership
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

After today, Yellow House will be closed for 2 months. Lady there said they close this time every year.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

^ Thanks for the warning, I just sent the missus to get dinner for tonight and lunch for tomorrow! :cheers:
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

I hear Donjai the Danish restaurant has been in operation now for one year and is celebrating with a buffet. Anybody confirm when?
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Richard,

1st June from 7pm. The buffet is free for members of Danskerklubben in Hua Hin.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

102-Colin has left Sinatras, it has new sign saying Flying Fin, but still has Sinatras over the door
94--- Souay Vista, all closed up and ForSale sign posted.