Hua Hin Restaurant News

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Re: Restaurant News

Post by hhfarang »

Yes, highly recommend the bacon wrapped pork fillets at Mayas with excellent fried potatoes and onions, as long as you don't have a heart problem. :D :shock: If you're lucky, they will have some German beers stocked when you go and be sure to try shot of a German Liquor called Leibwachter. I thought I'd tried every alcoholic beverage in the world but never had this one before. :cheers:
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

I agree. Great food but will not mention it as it will be perceived as advertising
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
barrys
Legend
Legend

Post by barrys »

Went there last night and had the goulash soup - it was excellent and the service was great too.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

hhfarang wrote:Yes, highly recommend the bacon wrapped pork fillets at Mayas with excellent fried potatoes and onions, as long as you don't have a heart problem. :D :shock: If you're lucky, they will have some German beers stocked when you go and be sure to try shot of a German Liquor called Leibwachter. I thought I'd tried every alcoholic beverage in the world but never had this one before. :cheers:

And where might this fine heart healthy establishment be? Sounds delicious and certainly too tempting to ignore. :thumb:

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Drive up soi 80 and turn left where Angies place is, park in that street, Mayas is the blie building on teh corner of that street.. good food and nice people :)
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Looks like Pizza Garden (the new place on Soi 94) is open now. I was driving by a couple of days ago and there were several patrons in there in the afternoon. Anyone on here tried it yet?
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

hhfarang wrote:
Pung Plui gone - gutted
Me too, I had just discovered it a few months before it closed and enjoyed a very good lunch there several times. Then tried to go back many times for lunch and it was always locked up. I had thought they just started serving dinner only until I saw the sign covered one day with a new name. The new name is hand written and so small I can't read it on a drive by, but I think it's two peoples first names jammed together, one farang and one Thai.
Drove past earlier this morning, and saw a sign saying DonJai.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

Big Boy wrote:
hhfarang wrote:
Pung Plui gone - gutted
Me too, I had just discovered it a few months before it closed and enjoyed a very good lunch there several times. Then tried to go back many times for lunch and it was always locked up. I had thought they just started serving dinner only until I saw the sign covered one day with a new name. The new name is hand written and so small I can't read it on a drive by, but I think it's two peoples first names jammed together, one farang and one Thai.
Drove past earlier this morning, and saw a sign saying DonJai.
I think its a danish owner and they open 17.00 and called "little denmark" will give it a try and report
back.

:cheers: :cheers:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

bsdk1960 wrote:called "little denmark"
:? I know TIT, but why call it Little Denmark, and put up a big sign saying DanJai? :?
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

Big Boy wrote:
bsdk1960 wrote:called "little denmark"
:? I know TIT, but why call it Little Denmark, and put up a big sign saying DanJai? :?
have to say its been some times since I past but it say both Little denmark & don jai at that time so I think you got it right as you drove past yesterday. :D :D

:cheers: :cheers:
turtle2012
Amateur
Amateur

Post by turtle2012 »

Where should we go if we would like to get a descent european standar meal? What is your favorite restaurant?
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Pizza place on 94 is owned by Luciano who has been around for years, his pizza is excellent, his log oven gets to around 1600 degrees.

Little Denmark is owned by Gert, lovely guy who has had several restaurants over the years, he had Dicks Office before dad bought it - his food is simple tasty Danish style, always big portions and very tasty.. dad will be very happy he has opened again.
ItsmeSusan
Amateur
Amateur

Post by ItsmeSusan »

I recommend Thai-German Restaurant "Saiboo".

We have been there several times. The dishes were exceptional good, fresh and tasty, with reasonable prices for dishes and drinks.

And they do not use any ingredients containing flavor enhancers such as glutamate and artificial colors and flavors!

The restaurant is located in Soi Bon Gai opposite G-Market, between Soi 88 and Soi 94. German owner speaks German, Thai and English.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

I also enjoyed Saiboo a couple times when they first opened, but now they seem to only be open at night. I used to go there for lunch. Sadly, this is the case for many restaurants during the low season... only open for dinner and I only usually go out for lunch... :(
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

For those who like sampling what new or newish restaurant have to offer.........There's a newish restaurant up soi 6, on your way to the shooting range, just after you pass Emerald Hill. It's owned by a Swedish guy and his Thai wife, and it seems like most of their customers are repeat/regular customers. Having chatted to him about the restaurant before, it's clear that he realizes prices have to be structured for expats and those who spend a few months of the year here since we hardly ever see two week millionaires up this way.

They serve Thai food and Farang food, and while I haven't studied the menu, the prices seem very reasonable indeed. It's only a relatively small place which is set on a part of the owner's property.

The owner has no idea that I'm posting on here, but I would be interested in hearing what some of our culinary experts think of the place. Sorry, I don't have the name but will find out if need be. Also, I'm not sure when exactly they open, but I don't think they open early enough to offer breakfasts. Oh, and they are closed on Tuesdays.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact