Indian restaurants in Hua Hin

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
Post Reply
User avatar
caller
Hero
Hero
Posts: 11014
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:05 pm
Location: Hua Hin

Re: Pollitos

Post by caller »

STEVE G wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:14 am I've only been there for the curry night but they have a chicken rotisserie at the front.
It seems to me that they have diversified recently, I guess there is only so much rotisserie chicken you can eat? It's not far from me, but I would pass Atcha, which is nearby, if I take the route avoiding the Pala-U road, and that's a big ask.
Talk is cheap
Mikeyb
Specialist
Specialist
Posts: 150
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:31 pm

Re: Indian restaurants in Hua Hin

Post by Mikeyb »

Not entirely on topic but 7 -11 now do a vary good Chicken Tikka Masala with Turmeric Rice 69B

Ideal for the post drinking Indian Fix 😅
HarryVardon
Professional
Professional
Posts: 315
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:25 pm

Re: Indian restaurants in Hua Hin

Post by HarryVardon »

Yesterday I visited Kwaliteit in Soi 94. Once again I was very impressed with the quality. Everything is very freshly made and the cook/owner is happy to adjust any dish or even make dishes not on the menu. Most dishes originate from the Punjab. Recommended!
HarryVardon
Professional
Professional
Posts: 315
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:25 pm

Re: Indian restaurants in Hua Hin

Post by HarryVardon »

The restaurant is called "Kwality" and its right down Soi 94 just before the UR The Private hotel and Yellow Bus restaurant. I was there again tonight and the food was very impressive. The owner made us a meal that was not on the menu. Perfect. It cost me 540 Baht for 2 people. Very reasonable. He has promised to make something special every time we go in. Sometimes it takes a while for the food to come but that is because everything is freshly cooked and it's well worth waiting for. Because of his location he is not getting many customers. If you like Indian food then give it a try, you won't regret it.
User avatar
Big Boy
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 45208
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:36 pm
Location: Bon Kai

Re: Indian restaurants in Hua Hin

Post by Big Boy »

I, at last, got back to Kwality last night, and none of us were disappointed with the food. In fact everybody commented on how nice the food was. There was even one comment, "Better than Atcha." Personally, I think the food is on a par with Atcha, but a lot closer to home.

The only thing that disappoints is the appearance (I'm not a white tablecloth fan anyway), but even that was better than the previous clinical white walls of our previous visit. They have put a few pictures up which warms the appearance a little. Maybe a little soft Indian background music might help.

Nice people, nice food - very good.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 1 QPR :cry: :cry:

Points 45; Position 20
User avatar
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace
Posts: 1832
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:14 am

Re: Indian restaurants in Hua Hin

Post by 404cameljockey »

To avoid confusion when locating it, On Google maps it's called New Kwality Indian Restaurant, maybe to differentiate itself from the Kwaliti Restaurant shown not far away which appears to be a private residence in a backstreet! I will definitely give it a go as it's being well reported here.

Always being a Shiva devotee, I haven't had food from the places mentioned here recently. So from people who have tried say three or even all of them, which is the best tasting out of Kwality, Mukti, The Spices and Atcha? I like the food made by Indians, Bangladeshis, Nepalis and Pakistanis for their own, but also enjoy food prepared slightly on the 'authentic' UK curry house bent, so either is fine. Thanks if you can comment. :thumb:

If I knew if we could make a radio button survey here, I'd have done that to make it simple!
Pagey
Legend
Legend
Posts: 2137
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:14 pm
Location: On the beach

Re: Indian restaurants in Hua Hin

Post by Pagey »

404cameljockey wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:03 am ], maybe to differentiate itself from the Kwaliti Restaurant shown not far away which appears to be a private residence in a backstreet!
That was their previous location a few years ago.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
User avatar
Big Boy
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 45208
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:36 pm
Location: Bon Kai

Re: Indian restaurants in Hua Hin

Post by Big Boy »

404cameljockey wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:03 am So from people who have tried say three or even all of them, which is the best tasting out of Kwality, Mukti, The Spices and Atcha?
My personal opinion, and we all have different tastes.

I will start by saying, I see no need to pay the extra cost at Mukti when I'm already well satisfied by the others. I am sure it is excellent food, but the others are closer to home, and I'm happy with what I get. I don't remember trying Spices, but may have bought via Grab or Food Panda - if I did, it was nothing memorable.

1st= - For pure food excellence, this has to be shared by Atcha and Kwality. Atcha is a little further out on some very dark roads, and Kwality lets itself down with its appearance. I usually have lamb/mutton, but it costs 90฿ to have the lamb/mutton taken off the bone at Kwality, which I consider OTT.

3rd - Shiva. For sheer ambience, Shiva leaves the rest a class below. The food can be excellent, but when the kitchen is busy, there is a slight drop in food quality. However, it is still of a high quality.

If we have a special event, Shiva wins every time because of the gardens. It always leaves our guests gobsmacked.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 1 QPR :cry: :cry:

Points 45; Position 20
HarryVardon
Professional
Professional
Posts: 315
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:25 pm

Re: Indian restaurants in Hua Hin

Post by HarryVardon »

I have no personal stake in this restaurant but I feel its a shame if a good restaurant does not get the customers it deserves.
The restaurant is called the "New Kwality Indian Restaurant". Its address is "10/534 Soi Hua Hin 94". There are 2 telephone numbers, 095 060 1888 and 097 096 7997. The email address is: Rishimuni69@gmail.com. Give it a try if you've not been.
User avatar
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace
Posts: 1832
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:14 am

Re: Indian restaurants in Hua Hin

Post by 404cameljockey »

HarryVardon wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:12 pm I have no personal stake in this restaurant but I feel its a shame if a good restaurant does not get the customers it deserves.
The restaurant is called the "New Kwality Indian Restaurant". Its address is "10/534 Soi Hua Hin 94". There are 2 telephone numbers, 095 060 1888 and 097 096 7997. The email address is: Rishimuni69@gmail.com. Give it a try if you've not been.
I'm guessing you don't actually read the thread....

Thanks to others for the replies to my question!
thecolonel
Legend
Legend
Posts: 2191
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:34 am

Re: Indian restaurants in Hua Hin

Post by thecolonel »

Anyone tried the Indian Hut opposite the Hilton yet? I say yet I assume it opened recently??

I think it's in the old family mart that was refurbished a few years ago

Got good reviews on google

There was one a few doors along but not sure if still there(maybe they moved into this property as bigger??)



Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

User avatar
STEVE G
Hero
Hero
Posts: 12866
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:50 am
Location: HUA HIN/EUROPE

Re: Indian restaurants in Hua Hin

Post by STEVE G »

I think it's in the old family mart that was refurbished a few years ago
I haven't tried it but I walked past there recently and as you say, it's in that "new" Family Mart which is quite a large property.
I found it because I was looking for a convenience store!
User avatar
caller
Hero
Hero
Posts: 11014
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:05 pm
Location: Hua Hin

Re: Indian restaurants in Hua Hin

Post by caller »

thecolonel wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:23 am Anyone tried the Indian Hut opposite the Hilton yet? I say yet I assume it opened recently??
It's been open a while now and titles itself as being, 'the best authentic indian food in Hua Hin'. But it's location means it's probably easier for tourists to visit than expats.

They got told off elsewhere recently for advertising their own restaurant, on a thread about another indian restaurant.

Such acts don't endear themselves to me, and I am quite happy with what's out my way, so I won't be bothering them.
Talk is cheap
PET
Legend
Legend
Posts: 2125
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:24 pm
Location: Hua Hin

Re: Indian restaurants in Hua Hin

Post by PET »

caller wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:25 pm
thecolonel wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:23 am Anyone tried the Indian Hut opposite the Hilton yet? I say yet I assume it opened recently??
It's been open a while now and titles itself as being, 'the best authentic indian food in Hua Hin'. But it's location means it's probably easier for tourists to visit than expats.

They got told off elsewhere recently for advertising their own restaurant, on a thread about another indian restaurant.

Such acts don't endear themselves to me, and I am quite happy with what's out my way, so I won't be bothering them.
YES, also on my blacklist !
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend
Posts: 2191
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:34 am

Re: Indian restaurants in Hua Hin

Post by thecolonel »

caller wrote:
thecolonel wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:23 am Anyone tried the Indian Hut opposite the Hilton yet? I say yet I assume it opened recently??
It's been open a while now and titles itself as being, 'the best authentic indian food in Hua Hin'. But it's location means it's probably easier for tourists to visit than expats.

They got told off elsewhere recently for advertising their own restaurant, on a thread about another indian restaurant.

Such acts don't endear themselves to me, and I am quite happy with what's out my way, so I won't be bothering them.
Yes that sounds a bit silly

But an Indian in town followed by the bars is appealing to me

There's also Everest of course but I've no knowledge of their operation.

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

Post Reply