Indian restaurants in Hua Hin

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Ham & Bacon : The Palm Bistro
MDMK
Guru
Guru

Re: Indian restaurants in Hua Hin

Post by MDMK » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:05 pm

europtimiste wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:47 pm
SS is open again, but beware new prices........A dish of 170 Bhat is now 220 Bhat.......
yikes!

does the work done on the interior justify (in your opinion) the price hike? It was very bland and functional inside, is it better now? Do they still have those horrible uncomfortable tables and chairs outside?

I preferred Shiva for dining in and S&S for takeaway but a price hike of 30% is a LOT so I think Shiva will get all my custom unless S&S have somehow transformed the inside to look wow. (which I doubt is even possible)

europtimiste
Guru
Guru

Post by europtimiste » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:24 pm

MDMK wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:05 pm
europtimiste wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:47 pm
SS is open again, but beware new prices........A dish of 170 Bhat is now 220 Bhat.......
yikes!

does the work done on the interior justify (in your opinion) the price hike? It was very bland and functional inside, is it better now? Do they still have those horrible uncomfortable tables and chairs outside?

I preferred Shiva for dining in and S&S for takeaway but a price hike of 30% is a LOT so I think Shiva will get all my custom unless S&S have somehow transformed the inside to look wow. (which I doubt is even possible)
Interior is much better and larger, outside also, but even with those improvements such a hike is a shame, 15% would be acceptable.

Dannie Boy
Addict
Addict

Post by Dannie Boy » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:17 pm

For me, although the ambiance is a plus factor, the main criteria is the food, which is why I am happy with Shiva - good food in a lovely setting. If I have been to S&S before, it’s a long time ago, so I can’t comment on the food - Shiva is not the cheapest but IMO offers good value for money.

Bubba1
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Bubba1 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:27 pm

Dannie Boy wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:17 pm
For me, although the ambiance is a plus factor, the main criteria is the food, which is why I am happy with Shiva - good food in a lovely setting. If I have been to S&S before, it’s a long time ago, so I can’t comment on the food - Shiva is not the cheapest but IMO offers good value for money.
Isn't Shiva closed until September?