Absolute best german food in town

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
armycw4ret

Absolute best german food in town

Post by armycw4ret »

Maya's bar located near behind SOI 80 (Blue building) has the best Germany food I have had in Thailand. Best cabbage rolls, cordon bleu, Schnitzel and pepper steaks that equal any of the best I had in my 40 years living in Germany prior to retiring here. Inexpensive and the cook lived and cooked in Germany for 8 years and has the touch.
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Re: Absolute best german food in town

Post by NOKYAI »

I agree!

But keep it quiet ;-)
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
Rone

Post by Rone »

No need to keep it quiet. Thought we would try last night (around 8pm) and it was deserted other than a few young kids playing around the tables. Walked up to Kims Kitchen which was busy. Indian was also pretty busy.
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Food at Mayas is excellent but opening hours are sketchy... its worth a trip for sure :)
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

JW wrote:Food at Mayas is excellent but opening hours are sketchy... its worth a trip for sure :)
:agree: and 'All in Hua Hin' is good too with a wider variety. Schnitzel, fried potatoes and large salad to die for. More expensive though
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

I agree about Maya's, but Saiboo also has some very good German food... also sketchy hours though. Supposed to be open from 4 p.m. Sunday through Saturday but I've been there on those days during those hours when they were closed.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

I thought Saiboo closed on Saturdays ?

Edit : Their website says 4 pm Sunday to Friday.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Sorry, I meant Sunday through Friday. They are closed Saturdays, and frequently any other day you show up.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

richard wrote: 'All in Hua Hin' is good too with a wider variety. Schnitzel, fried potatoes and large salad to die for. More expensive though
Vastly overrated IMHO. Have been dragged there kicking and screaming on a number of occasions over the years. Have usually left full, but rarely satisfied.
This is the way
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

Has anybody tried Amadeus recently? It´s one of those by the seaside, near Hilton, restaurants. My brother who studied six years in Germany liked it on several occasions when he visited Hua Hin and it used to have many German regulars but I don´t know if it exists any more.
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

So nobody´s been there? Is it still open?
Daywalker
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Daywalker »

Amadeus has changed owner and name a couple of years ago allready!
its the old germany restaurant now,not same as before so i prefer Maya's!
question of taste of course!
VeniceBeach

Post by VeniceBeach »

Best Eruopean/ German/Swiss Food in my opinion you can eat in Sala Bua Restaurant in the Lotuswell Resort.

(Swiss owned, swiss chef)
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

Daywalker wrote:
Amadeus has changed owner and name a couple of years ago allready!
its the old germany restaurant now,not same as before
Thanks for the info, Daywalker.
Timb-uk
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Timb-uk »

dtaai-maai wrote:
richard wrote: 'All in Hua Hin' is good too with a wider variety. Schnitzel, fried potatoes and large salad to die for. More expensive though
Vastly overrated IMHO. Have been dragged there kicking and screaming on a number of occasions over the years. Have usually left full, but rarely satisfied.
As you are a senior contributor and obviously "know your stuff" about HH and I'm a small fry novice, I am really sticking my neck out here to say.....sorry I disagree with you.
Having been to the restaurant last year, even though the price was higher than expected the quality was pretty good - it's certainly down on my list for my February trip.
If I see someone outside kicking and screaming - I'll buy you a beer :)