No milk in shops?

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
moe
Amateur
Amateur

No milk in shops?

Post by moe »

Doing some shopping for vacation guests with children, I've found the Tesco south of the overpass completely out of milk for at least two days (except soy milk and chocolate milk) and same for my nearest 7/11. Never seen that before, anyone know what could be going on?

Also, if anyone reading this has been at the Market Village Tesco today, could you buy milk there, or were they also empty?
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: No milk in shops?

Post by oakdale160 »

I am in bkk, everybody says they are not worried about protests and shutdown, BUTthey are all stocking up on food, UHT milk, water and one friend has bought a generator
moja
Guru
Guru

Post by moja »

Milk available in Villa Market!
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I originally thought you were just unlucky. However, our supplies of milk and eggs needed replenishing today and all the 7/11's we visited just had empty shelves!! (regarding milk and eggs) It can't be the protest activities as they haven't had enough time to disrupt supplies ....YET.

Will check Tesco's tomorrow. Curious and curiouser....
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I was in Macro late afternoon today and they had their normal full range of milks.
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

plenty of eggs and plenty of milk at makro
:party: :D :wink:
Kraka's Dad
Guru
Guru

Post by Kraka's Dad »

Do you have to be in business or can anyone shop in Makro?
:cheers:
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Anybody, even Welshmen :wink:

Seriously, if its a one off, the checkouts have a master club card they use. If you're going to be going more than once, it only takes a couple of minutes to register as you go in.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Expect a run on goods until the BK thing subsides. Happens every time. Panic buying Thai style
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

richard wrote:Expect a run on goods until the BK thing subsides. Happens every time. Panic buying Thai style
Yes, never happens in Europe... - come off it, Richard, panic buying is hardly exclusive to Thailand. One hint of the price of bread going up and it's complete bedlam in the UK.
This is the way
blue05
Guru
Guru

Post by blue05 »

7 11 at bottom of soi80 had a full stock of everything about an hour ago
Kraka's Dad
Guru
Guru

Post by Kraka's Dad »

Big Boy wrote:Anybody, even Welshmen :wink:

Seriously, if its a one off, the checkouts have a master club card they use. If you're going to be going more than once, it only takes a couple of minutes to register as you go in.
Thanks for that I always thought it would be like in UK and you have to be in business of some sorts to use them. Will register when we come over in February! :-D
:cheers:
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

dtaai-maai wrote:
richard wrote:Expect a run on goods until the BK thing subsides. Happens every time. Panic buying Thai style
Yes, never happens in Europe... - come off it, Richard, panic buying is hardly exclusive to Thailand. One hint of the price of bread going up and it's complete bedlam in the UK.
I did not mean to say it does not occur anywhere else but here when a crisis occurs in BK and the Hi-so's descend on HH they invariably go panic buying.

The last escalation of a BK crisis when the floods took effect resulted in the 711 at the foot of soi 80 being bought out of water etc. I know cos I watched the SUV's loading up on Petcha
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Jason
Novice
Novice

Post by Jason »

Same thing last year around Christmas in the same TESCO shop, maybe a management problem ?
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

Jason wrote:Same thing last year around Christmas in the same TESCO shop, maybe a management problem ?
:agree: last year if you came after 4 or 5 pm no milk on the shelf,don't now now since moving to
the emigration area.

:cheers: :cheers: