Soi 88 Food Court

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
lagojardin

Soi 88 Food Court

Post by lagojardin »

Can't be bothered reading through the threads but I must put in a recommendation for the food stalls on Soi 88. Go over the railway crossing, between the two 7/11s and on the left is a plethora of cheap, quality food stalls assembled around a communal eating area.. ALL foods are available there, freshly cooked and very, very cheap - Give it a try, you will not be disappointed.
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Re: Soi 88 Food Court

Post by JimmyGreaves »

agree
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Its OK but somehow
Misses the atmosphere and diversity of the downtown or grand hotel markets
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Great place to eat!! To be fair there are usually lots of people there, Thai, foreigners,, I think its really cool! Lasagne in top left corner is excellent :)
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

Agreed, the market is my favourite one in Hua Hin.
centermid7
Banned
Banned

Post by centermid7 »

I like the place and it is certainly handy to where I live. I just wish there was some (or a lot) more consistency in when the individual places are open and that they have available to serve what they say they have. It is very hit & miss on both counts IMO.

I also leave always scratching my head that there is not a lot more signage in English. I looked around last night and I'll be it was almost 40% or more foreigners at the tables and walking about. Many of the stalls have not one drop of English for the menus and with that many potential customers then why not make a bit of an effort to capture as much of that business as possible?

I know. It's just the white devil in me . . .
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Some of the best Thai dishes I ve had have been without a english menu.. point and shoot!! Things you wouldnt think of ordering if you knew what was coming!! I will admit to 1 or 7 disasters too! :D
centermid7
Banned
Banned

Post by centermid7 »

JW wrote: point and shoot!! :D
Works great in bars . . .
johnnyk
Legend
Legend

Post by johnnyk »

Was there last night, first time and liked it a lot. Nice and clean, no motosais roaring around, no touts or flower sellers, clean and Thai prices.
So what if its not spelled out in English, what can you lose if you choose wrong? 50 baht?
Leo yai and yen @55 baht, can't go wrong. :cheers: :thumb:
Happiness can't buy money
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I've eaten there a few times with the kids. Never been disappointed. Reminiscent of the 'hawker stalls' in Malaysia and Singapore. No-one can complain about the prices.

Incidentally, a small point, but I think it's technically on Soi 94 as Soi 88 turns right just before the 7's and goes over the hills.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

I think there are 2 88s and that one is called 88 extension amongst us farangs. There are three branches of Soi 94 when you get out west... quite confusing for our mailman... :banghead:
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

HHTel wrote:I've eaten there a few times with the kids. Never been disappointed. Reminiscent of the 'hawker stalls' in Malaysia and Singapore. No-one can complain about the prices.

Incidentally, a small point, but I think it's technically on Soi 94 as Soi 88 turns right just before the 7's and goes over the hills.
It's nowhere near 94!