Magic Baloon Restaurant BEWARE !!!

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Magic Baloon Restaurant BEWARE !!!

Post by sateeb »

it is a shame as the food and general ambiance was very good. One of the major problems they had was that they could not fly the balloon as often as they liked due to the prevailing winds at that particular spot.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
theprice01
Professional
Professional

Post by theprice01 »

do you think the downfall was due to location or price??

...either way i really dont think people allow enough time to see if a business is going to work
When nosy expats ask how can i live here without working, i reply, 'well, while you worked hard for 50 years, i worked smart for 5 years' :D
theprice01
Professional
Professional

Post by theprice01 »

theprice01 wrote:do you think the downfall was due to location or price??
*or the wind :cuss:
When nosy expats ask how can i live here without working, i reply, 'well, while you worked hard for 50 years, i worked smart for 5 years' :D
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

Have been there 4 times out of season and we were the only one there.
Good food and nice people,sad to se them goes.

:cheers: :cheers:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I think they were Ukranian, sad time all the way around I guess. Good though that they tried their idea in HH and not Pattaya or Phuket. They would have been eaten alive by protection demands and threats within the first month in those places.

Is it just the business, equipment, structures for sale at 8.5 on a leasehold, or the land as well? Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
dundrillin
Guru
Guru

Post by dundrillin »

Use them or lose them it would seem.
zeitgeist
Professional
Professional

Post by zeitgeist »

prcscct wrote:Is it just the business, equipment, structures for sale at 8.5 on a leasehold, or the land as well? Pete :cheers:
I've asked them re; the freehold on the land.
The price doesn't include the balloon though :?
ste860
Deceased
Deceased

Post by ste860 »

the balloon is being relocated somewhere near the swiss sheep farm in chaam .i think it will be much busier there with the bkk thais ,that area is turning in a entertainment zone
jingjoe
Guru
Guru

Post by jingjoe »

i think the problem in hua hin is the stable expat community is only 4000 or so expats,most businesses here cant sustain a western income on such a small regular expat community
the gym at 102 was a victim of this as well.Unless the local expats who live here year round patron these local businesses regularly they will not last,same goes for restaurants and other businesses,they find it hard to get thru the low season,unless they cater for the local thais as well
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

^ Spot on. That's why Yellowhouse is only open during tourist season (servicing mostly Scandanavians that live in the area 3 to 4 winter months per year) and probably why, after many years of struggling to stay open all day serving all 3 meals T90 (like so many others) finally had to cut back their hours to afternoons and evenings.

"4000 or so expats" and probably nearly 4000 restaurants so they simply cannot all make money outside tourist season. I see many good restaurants that appear to be struggling and I expect to be posting that they've closed in "Restaurant News" soon.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
theprice01
Professional
Professional

Post by theprice01 »

On facebook the price has been reduced to 1.1 million Bahts....BUT they have already sold the kitchen equipment and of course no balloon included.
I'm thinking its 1 million bahts overpriced...
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Is this something to gloat about, someone tried to establish a business, it didn't work out so you make a joke of it
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
theprice01
Professional
Professional

Post by theprice01 »

I'm just suprised at the rate people over-value businesses here. Whoever takes it on will basically have to start from stratch, not to mention get a new name (or balloon?).